or Connect

Posts by elroth

Lots of bitter people here today. I enjoyed reading the story - I have no agenda like you do. Why waste your time like that?
Mostly a waste of money, more like it. Look at google glass - you can call it a hardware product, but its purpose is first to gain publicity (it's not going to be profitable), and second to serve ads to those dumb enough to buy it.
Lawsuits where Motorola demands excessive fees for standard-essential patents are pretty evil - Motorola has lost them all, and has been threatened with penalties by the European Union and the Justice Department over its tactics.
Wow - way to slam everybody. Why so bitter? The fact is, tech workers were screwed by Apple, Google, etc. There's no doubt about that - some workers were screwed royally, particularly the ones Google was going after (until Jobs put a stop to it). The problem is, as you say, there's no way of knowing how many workers would have been recruited by the other companies, or which workers were in demand. So there's no way to come up with a fair settlement - in an ideal world,...
I know nothing about Dre, and have no problem with Apple hiring him. I also have no problem with the Beats acquisition - I have no idea why Apple bought them, and what will come of it. It could be a great business decision. I just hope he has a much different job at Apple - leave the sound design to others.
Wasn't Scott Forstall supposed to be the next Steve Jobs?
That statement, however, is depressing, and doesn't inspire confidence that Apple will produce anthing with high-quality sound.
I totally agree. It's nice that you can block website data in addition to cookies (you can't in Snow Leopard's Safari), and it's also nice you can just allow cookies from the current website, but that's worthless if you can't still block 3rd party cookies. Hopefully there'll be a lot of feedback on this, and it will be changed. There should be a separate button to block 3rd party cookies, so you can leave it selected no matter what other cookies you allow. 
Sounds like you don't realize that Apple's laying the software foundation for some great future products, probably this fall.
That's creepy, and why I've never had a Google account. I've used Bing for quite a while now, and I have no problem at all with the search results.