or Connect

Posts by elroth

It's not $74 million a year, not even close. Most of that figure was as a replacement for Burberry stock options she was giving up by coming to Apple, and will be paid out over several years only if she continues to work there.
I would instead take the guy aside and suggest he be more careful - I'd give him a chance to clean it up on his own. He could be 19 years old and in his first job.
I updated the Mac version to .296 through the Flash System Preferences pane. But get this: Adobe's description for the update mentions improved video and new APIs, but not a single word about it being a critical security update.
Are you saying that he's using simplified characters? I can't decipher it because it's too cursive for me, so I can't tell, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't writing in traditional characters.
There are 5,000 characters in most common use (that's the number given for being able to read a newspaper), and about 1/3 of them have been simplified. A friend of mine is 70 years old, native-born Chinese, and she can't recognize individual words in simplified characters very easily at all. She can figure out more in reading a text, as a lot of the characters haven't changed, so she can guess more accurately. Older people who still live in China have a much better...
I hope they have a better contractor than the one who built my house.
Bingo! 
The psychological damage he suffered is unimaginable.
The joke is that you apparently thought this case would have an effect on Apple's stock price. Why in the world would Apple's stock price go up after this verdict? Expect the same when the ebooks decision comes down - no effect on Apple's stock price. More publicity, but no effect - there just isn't that much money involved either way.
You can check this list from time to time - there's a link to banks etc. who have committed to using ApplePay (at least with Visa cards) - "coming soon".    Visa - ApplePay - Financial Institutions | Visa USA  There are about 550 on the list.