or Connect

Posts by elroth

I'm really looking forward to Neil Young's Pono project, set to come out later this year with high-end sound, high-quality portable players, high-resolution music downloads, and its own desktop music software. I hope they can execute all these things.
Nobody seems to realize that Iovine was talking in general about earbuds that come with phones - not specifically Apple's earbuds.
I hope Apple improves on the sound front - the old Apple Hi-Fi speaker did not sound good - they went for volume instead of clear sound, just like Beats goes for heavy bass instead of clear sound.
Wow - you're reading all that into a paragraph on his blog. "It's about his tone", "he's not being truthful", etc. Wow again. I find his statement totally believable.
Hard for you, maybe - he's probably just better than that, and has other things on his plate.
I personally have no opinion on whether it's worth it or not - we really don't know what Apple's plans are (as usual). I'm only negative on the quality of the Beats headphones - I don't want Apple to be manufacturing crap like that, with such bad bad sound. I would hope Apple would go in the other direction, like Neil Young's Pono project (high-resolution sound).
You're looking at it upside down - it's 999.
In the news tonight: Apple is still buying Beats, and Generalissimo Franco is still dead.
They may read the New York Times, though. Hopefully the appeals court judges have a wider view of all this, and accept Apple's argument that what they did was legal (because it increased competition). The DoJ should be responding to Apple's appeals court filing very soon.
Apple doesn't enter a market to lose money.