or Connect

Posts by elroth

The more you look into it, the more aghast you will become. It's amazing the scams lawyers can use in these "class-action" suits. Here's one example: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2014/12/05/pirates-booty-case-collapses-as-food-makers-fight-back/
I remember when Real was an actual company, with its proprietary internet media player. It wouldn't let you play Real content on any other player (like QuickTime), and it was really annoying. NPR used it for a time for streaming stories from their website.   I wonder what Real would have done if a company had hacked their RealPlayer DRM.
Don't be ridiculous - stories like this don't change Apple's stock price one penny.
Rubicon says "We look forward to providing buyers with access to the unprecedented audience targeting capabilities iAd brings to automated advertising." That's a lot more than showing car part ads in a car-related app.
I don't invest in things that annoy me, and advertising companies annoy me greatly.
From your keyboard to Tim's ear - don't be scummy, Apple.
Yeah, the EU's more stringent regulation of toxics is terrible, as is their requiring genetically modified foods to be labelled, more regulation of irradiated food, and scientific-based regulations for education and health, instead of religious ones as in the U.S. You get more ridiculous every day.
Apps with advertising should say so before you download them.
Are you serious? iTunes has been using a "Get" button for Podcasts since forever.