or Connect

Posts by elroth

If this were a fruit company, it might not be so bad. But why is a technology/ computer training company using an apple in its logo, if it's not trying to tie itself to Apple Inc.? Please, no more of the "here's an innocent little company that big bad Apple is trying to flatten" statements. Their explanation is pretty lame - that the apple is a symbol of education. Kind of a stretch, although in the Garden of Eden the apple was the symbol of knowledge. Maybe their logo...
I'd say thie price of ringtones would concern them a lot less than Bush's warrantless wiretapping and his holding people in jail without trial or access to the evidence against them, or Cheney saying he's part of the legislative branch, not the executive branch (so his papers and e-mails can be kept secret).
Except that the charges against Thomas were not ill-founded. The Republicans were in control of the Senate, and they suckered Democrats into a deal where Anita Hill would be the only woman allowed to testify about sexual harassment by Thomas. There were at least two or three other women who were ready to testify. That would have changed the outcome - if there's only one accuser, it's easy to demonize her. Harder if there are more. "3. Gulf war on the scene. CNN reporters...
As long as you can turn it off, it's fine with me. This could be really annoying.
You could always carry it around in an envelope.
Hey, captaincore, could you make the advertisement in your signature larger? I can't quite read it. And I love to read ads in people's posts. Thanks.
Because you have to pay over $1200 for two years of a phone service contract with the iPhone - you're comparing apples and oranges. In fact, paying for one month of the phone contract (probably in advance) will add $60 right there. And from Apple's standpoint (as mentioned above), they get and estimated $500 total for an iPhone, when you add in carrier payments to Apple. I think the touch prices are good - $299 for 16GB compared with $199 for a 16 GB nano.
Thanks for those screenshots. It's kind of odd - if I have a track, why is there a link to the iTunes store to buy that track? Maybe so I can buy it as a gift, but how often would most people use that? I feel like it's Apple adding contextual ads to my iTunes window. A simple preference to turn off the links would make a lot of sense.
That's strange - it seems like you can't browse to all the artists easily anymore. If all your Rolling Stones songs (for example) are on compilations, there's no listing for Rolling Stones in the "Artists" column? That's not encouraging.
I haven't seen the links - maybe someone could post a screenshot? They sound obtrusive to me, and annoying - every time a song is selected or is playing, the links show up? That means they follow your movements around. Sounds ugly, and clutterish. I'll use iMix or Gift. My comments about the preferences had nothing to do with clutter - the problem is if Apple has taken away options for managing or viewing the library. There's no problem if the preferences have just been...