or Connect

Posts by elroth

How does Grand Central factor into this? Isn't that supposed to use the extra cores for more speed, even in apps that don't normally take advantage of the extra cores?
It is - just a really busy one.
And you sound ridiculous. Microsoft's ads promote PCs, not Windows itself (that would be a bad move). In the ads, the "customers" chose HP and Dell. The "customers" go for the cheap stuff - if they chose Sony, there wouldn't be much of a price difference with Apple.And it's "barrel."
I agree totally. When the iPhone was released, Verizon said they didn't think it was that great, and they didn't want to carry it. Funny to see them come back begging to Apple.
Thanks for pointing this out. Reading the article makes me think that ELAN might be suing as a way to get a cross-licensing agreement with Apple. ELAN is so defensive in its press release that it makes me think they might be worried. Of course it's totally just a guess on my part.
What happened to braincheck?
I could have told you that.
Several of those 13 albums in my cart are not available at all on CD. I still buy almost all my music on CDs, except when the CD is not available - a lot of CDs are out of print and only available used for $40+, or impossible to find at all. And sometimes I have to have that one song from an album that otherwise I don't like. I check MusicIsHere (for indies) and HDTracks first - they have lossless downloads, but of course not huge selections.
I have songs from 13 albums waiting in my shopping cart for iTunes Plus versions. Those songs are now grayed out, and "unavailable." There are a few others that changed to iTunes Plus in the last week or two. Hopefully it's because they just didn't meet the deadline, and will get offered later (soon), but it's possible they could be gone for good. I don't know if it's up to the record companies or Apple to convert them, but it's sad to see iTunes losing music (while...
I don't think Apple sells any product(red) products anymore, do they?