or Connect

Posts by elroth

You're grasping at straws. The comparison is for those people who want the advantages of an all-in-one. Is that so hard to understand? Nowhere does the report say this is the best computer you can buy (or put together) for a certain amount of money. It merely says that for comparable manufacturers' all-in-ones, Apple has slightly better value than Dell or HP.
Are you on drugs? iLife comes free with the computer - if Dell or HP gave you any decent software in the box, it would have been included also as an advantage for them. All those titles you're talking about would add hundreds of dollars to the price. Sheesh.
I hope it's not polyester.
I don't know where you're getting that from. From Apple's website: Resolution 20-inch model: 1680 by 1050 pixels 24-inch models: 1920 by 1200 pixels
You're totally wrong about that. Macs are very popular with small businesses, even ones that aren't graphic design studios. Many accountants and other number crunchers use Macs. There are not good reasons for Apple to leave out the number pad as the default - make it an option and that's fine. But it's not just the number pad that's missing. The full-size arrow keys are much better, plus you have a right delete key that's in a great place. I can't imagine doing anything...
Not true - plastic cracks (and I have the iMac to prove it - an inch long crack coming out of the lower right corner of the screen (though not visible unless you know it's there). The computer is over 4 years old (original iMac G5), but I haven't moved it, except twice for repairs. Aluminum is much more durable. And aluminum doesn't biodegrade in a landfill, it doesn't go into the landfill at all - it's recyclable, made into new aluminum products. Yes, thank you Al Gore...
Except that the smaller keyboard is the default, which I think is not good (it doesn't cost extra for the full-size one, but you've got to make sure what you're getting). I'm sure some people won't know about it, and get the small one by mistake, especially if they buy it in an Apple store - will the clerks tell customers they have a choice, and will they have boxed iMacs with either keyboard in stock, or will they just give them the small one? And what about buying from...
The smaller keyboard is the default, but it doesn't cost anything extra to get the full-size one. I'm glad of that - if the keyboard is wired, I would prefer the full-size, with the arrow keys and the number pad. I think some people will not notice, and get the small one by mistake, especially if they buy it in an Apple store - will the clerks tell customers they have a choice, and will they have boxed iMacs with either keyboard in stock?
If this rumour is true, then Apple could have put this update out four months ago, at the same time as the MacBooks. I hope it's not the case that Apple was waiting for the Core i7s, but is skittish about Nvidia's problems with Intel over the newer chips, prompting them to release this less dramatic update now. That would be a bummer. If they release this update with no major announcement, then maybe it's just somethng for the short term while the Intel-Nvidia stuff gets...
The Mighty Mouse is the perfect shape for me. I just wish I didn't have to clean the ball so often.