or Connect

Posts by markw10

Hello,   I recently launched a website and in the Contact Us section I have a lot of ways for people to contact me.  There are buttons for Skype, Google Talk, MSN, Yahoo, and AIM for example.  To complete the contact information I'd like to have a button for people to contact me via iMessage. I know I can simply put something such as "Contact me via iMessage" and then put my ID behind it but I'd like something as simple as a button where they can click on it and then...
My fiancee owns an iPhone and is going into a training program for a new job.  It's a very intense training and she has a lot of items to learn and memorize. As part of this she's looking into using flash cards so that she can use them daily and use them to study and remember these things. My question is since she has an iPhone is there any type of iPhone app for flash cards?  She'd need something where she can obviously put the questions and answers into the system and...
I was able to successfully boot from the SuperDuper cloned drive this morning so it seems that the hard drive is likely the issue.  This system came with a 160GB drive but I upgraded it to another drive at a later point. I have a 500GB drive now but I was getting low on space so was planning to upgrade in the near future. I just ordered a 750GB drive from an online store.  I like your suggestion of a SSD.  This laptop is old but I hope to get at least one more year out...
Hello,   I have a MacBook Pro that I believe is approximately a 2006 model. It is running OS X Lion.  The problem I have just started this evening. I was using the laptop and some applications were not working properly. I tried to open an app called Things and also Word.  Both would bounce in the dock like they were opening but then would stop and never opened.   I then rebooted the mac because of this and have been unable to get in since then.  When it gets to...
An odd problem just began showing up on my iPhone 4S using the latest iPhone OS, iOS 6.01.  I downloaded a few apps onto my iPhone and wish to move them onto one of my last screens. I have around 10 screens of apps, many in folders.  I can move them among the first few screens or put them into folders and have no issues.  Yet if I move them to one of the last 4 screens or so that's where the problem starts.  I can create a folder, move the apps to those screens, etc....
I ended up fixing my issue.  Turns out there's a Micro USB port on the back and the device can be plugged into your computer and with iTunes you're able to select Restore.  I did some Google research and I am putting a link below that told how to do it but it fixed my problem.   This may help others who have a similar problem.   http://www.mytechbrief.com/content/how-restore-2nd-or-3rd-gen-apple-tv-flashing-light
I was excited to read about the new Apple TV software update last night so quickly went to do the update.  I've done many and never had a problem until this time. I started the update and the last time I looked at it the download had around 1 minute left.  When I went back about a half our later I simply saw the Apple TV's lighting blinking at a quick pace.  I don't get any sound or video at all. The model that I have is the most recent Apple TV.  When doing some...
Thank you for your advice and those are all things I haven't tried so may give that a try.  If it does not work though I'll be going by the Apple Store.  If they replace my iPhone is it possible they'll replace it with the iPhone 5? I would imagine I'll get another 4S which is fine but I'm wondering if they would even give me the option of upgrading to the iPhone 5 for possibly a small fee.  It seems it just may be a good time to upgrade to the iPhone 5.  Then again if I...
I have had my iPhone 4S since they were released last year.  For no reason about 3 days ago the battery quickly starting draining fast.  One morning I took it off and when I looked at the phone 4-5 hours later without using it once the battery was down to around 28%.  I thought it was a fluke but the same thing happened yesterday and now the same thing today.  Without even using it within hours the battery is almost dead. I first did what I've learned is some type of...
When I upgraded to OS X Lion I quickly began to use the LaunchPad feature and I like it but the only problem is it shows basically every application, helper apps, etc.  I want to keep these out of LaunchPad and have some control over which applications show up there or at least have it only show the full applications, not simple helper apps.  I was able to post here back then and was told about an app called Launchpad-control.prefPanel.  I installed it on all my Macs and...