or Connect

Posts by markw10

I just downloaded the new Podcasts app for both my iPhone and iPad.  I was so glad to see this app and want to set up all my podcasts in it. I have approximately 125 podcasts I subscribe to.  I have them all set up on my Mac in iTunes and also on both my iPhone and iPad in Downcast.   I don't want to have to set them all up on both my iPad and iPhone again on the Podcasts app.   Is there any way that I can import Podcasts into the app from Downcast or even iTunes on my...
I had an external DVD/CD drive and it just went bad so I'm going to replace it.  I am looking at one option such as Apple's external USB drive.  It's $79 but I've seen it as low as $50 on eBay and Amazon.  I am thinking of getting that one but then I came across this other drive by OWC:   http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MRSSBD6X/ What I like is it also both reads and writes CD's and DVD's.  It's super small and sleek which is important to me since I plan to...
Thanks for the advice.  I'll hit Newegg and other places and start doing some research.
I have two 1TB My Book Studio Editions that are hooked up to a Mac Pro through two Firewire 800 ports.  The problem I'm experiencing is a couple weeks ago one of them stopped working.  The Mac Pro won't recognize it and the light won't come on.  I could feel the hard drive spinning inside though.  I questioned if it had something to do with the switch and if I needed to turn it on to get the light to work. I have two of these drives so I went to the 2nd drive and...
I have an early 2008 Mac Pro and have two hard drives in it.  The main system drive is a 2TB Western Digital drive I installed about a year ago.  The 2nd drive is a 1TB Seagate drive which is the original drive that came with the Mac Pro. When looking at Disk Utility a few days ago I realized the drive is showing up in Red and it's saying that SMART is failing.  I've never had this happen before and like having a warning.  First Question: When SMART shows up as...
I have a OS X Lion 10.7.3 based Macbook Pro and use the newest version of SuperDuper to do backups.  I back up to an OWC external hard drive. I have used this system for around 3 years on multiple laptops/drives with no problems. For some reason it won't work now on my Macbook Pro. When I backup it fails at a certain part of the backup. I thought it was simply my system had too much open and was running slow so did a restart and didn't open anything other than...
I am going to give Google Drive a try and I realize they don't have an iOS app yet but everywhere I'm reading that there is an app for both Windows and Mac OS X but I can't find it anywhere.  Where can I download the Google Drive Mac App?
I recently purchased an iPhone 4S and as part of that purchased a screen protector for it. I've gone through many screen protectors with previous iPhone's I've owned but none are as good as the one I purchased for the iPhone 4S. It's a screen protector from Monaco and it's a great screen protector but also it does a good job of making your screen more anti-glare which is great in sunlight plus it also has a privacy filter and also does a good job of protecting from...
When I'm in iDVD and go to burn a disc it goes through all the steps and at the last step where it asks if you continue and burn it freezes and won't allow you to push the okay/yes button and ejects the disc. This happens with several slideshows and also several DVD's. We are using DVD-R's. Does anyone know what could be causing? We're doing this on a MacBook that's approximately 3 years old and it's running Leopard.
I currently have a CradlePoint PHS300 router and it works fine with both 3G and 4G (HSPA+). I currently have a 4G modem but want to upgrade to a 4G HSPA+/LTE modem on the AT&T network, likely the Momentum. Unfortunately the PHS300 does not support LTE modem and only supports HSPA+ for 4G. For this reason I need to upgrade to a new wireless router. I have spoken with CradlePoint about their routers and they have the CTR35 among others but the only problem is none of...