or Connect

Posts by markw10

I have had my iPhone 4S since they were released last year.  For no reason about 3 days ago the battery quickly starting draining fast.  One morning I took it off and when I looked at the phone 4-5 hours later without using it once the battery was down to around 28%.  I thought it was a fluke but the same thing happened yesterday and now the same thing today.  Without even using it within hours the battery is almost dead. I first did what I've learned is some type of...
When I upgraded to OS X Lion I quickly began to use the LaunchPad feature and I like it but the only problem is it shows basically every application, helper apps, etc.  I want to keep these out of LaunchPad and have some control over which applications show up there or at least have it only show the full applications, not simple helper apps.  I was able to post here back then and was told about an app called Launchpad-control.prefPanel.  I installed it on all my Macs and...
I have two Google Voice phone numbers, obviously under separate Google accounts.  I have Google's Google Voice app on both my iPhone and iPad and use it with the Google Voice number that I use the most but I need a good Google Voice app for my second Google Voice phone #.   Since I have two accounts I can't use the main Google Voice app for both since I've had to constantly log in and out of the app to change phone #'s and I simply prefer to use one app for each.  I...
I just downloaded the new Podcasts app for both my iPhone and iPad.  I was so glad to see this app and want to set up all my podcasts in it. I have approximately 125 podcasts I subscribe to.  I have them all set up on my Mac in iTunes and also on both my iPhone and iPad in Downcast.   I don't want to have to set them all up on both my iPad and iPhone again on the Podcasts app.   Is there any way that I can import Podcasts into the app from Downcast or even iTunes on my...
I had an external DVD/CD drive and it just went bad so I'm going to replace it.  I am looking at one option such as Apple's external USB drive.  It's $79 but I've seen it as low as $50 on eBay and Amazon.  I am thinking of getting that one but then I came across this other drive by OWC:   http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MRSSBD6X/ What I like is it also both reads and writes CD's and DVD's.  It's super small and sleek which is important to me since I plan to...
Thanks for the advice.  I'll hit Newegg and other places and start doing some research.
I have two 1TB My Book Studio Editions that are hooked up to a Mac Pro through two Firewire 800 ports.  The problem I'm experiencing is a couple weeks ago one of them stopped working.  The Mac Pro won't recognize it and the light won't come on.  I could feel the hard drive spinning inside though.  I questioned if it had something to do with the switch and if I needed to turn it on to get the light to work. I have two of these drives so I went to the 2nd drive and...
I have an early 2008 Mac Pro and have two hard drives in it.  The main system drive is a 2TB Western Digital drive I installed about a year ago.  The 2nd drive is a 1TB Seagate drive which is the original drive that came with the Mac Pro. When looking at Disk Utility a few days ago I realized the drive is showing up in Red and it's saying that SMART is failing.  I've never had this happen before and like having a warning.  First Question: When SMART shows up as...
I have a OS X Lion 10.7.3 based Macbook Pro and use the newest version of SuperDuper to do backups.  I back up to an OWC external hard drive. I have used this system for around 3 years on multiple laptops/drives with no problems. For some reason it won't work now on my Macbook Pro. When I backup it fails at a certain part of the backup. I thought it was simply my system had too much open and was running slow so did a restart and didn't open anything other than...
I am going to give Google Drive a try and I realize they don't have an iOS app yet but everywhere I'm reading that there is an app for both Windows and Mac OS X but I can't find it anywhere.  Where can I download the Google Drive Mac App?