or Connect

Posts by markw10

I have an iPad 1 and skipped the iPad 2 but am upgrading to the iPad 3. I plan to buy a new screen protector for my iPad 3 but also, there are two items I'd like to use from my iPad 1 with the iPad 3. The first is a case that's made by Monaco. It's a leather book type case that the iPad fits in and it covers it up. The second accessory is an iPad 1 stand made by AiData. It is a stand that sits on a desk and holds the iPad. I have read many articles today about the...
I have an Airport Extreme Base Station and am wondering if there's a way I can block certain devices such as a Mac from connecting to this router or using the internet? It's okay if I simply block them from the router but would like the option for it to connect to the router such as using the printer but I want to block the internet. Is this possible? Thanks
I have an early 2008 Mac Pro running OS X Lion. It currently has 8GB of memory which consists of 4 memory modules of 2GB each, 2 on each of the memory cards. I really want to go to 32GB but likely will go to 16GB. I do a lot of virtualization using VMWare often running Windows and Linux partitions so I think the additional memory will help a lot. I plan to purchase from OWC which is where the memory I currently have is from but I see two options. One is to buy 4...
I'm trying to use Airplay and have an AppleTV and an iPhone 4S. The way my home network is set up is I have the main Wi-Fi network which is connected to my cable modem and is using an Airport Base Station Extreme. I have an additional home network which is in another part of the house where the AEBS does not work as well. That network is running on a Cisco/Linksys E3000. The problem is if I connect both the Apple TV and my iPhone to the main network using the AEBS...
I just got the beta version of iMessage and I like it a lot. I have previously used Adium and I have friends on so many chat services such as AIM, Yahoo, and Google Talk. Most of my friends are on Facebook Chat and MSN Live Messenger though. After posting on another forum I was given instructions that can be used to set up iMessage through Jabber. It worked very well but the person who responded said that MSN Live Messenger can also work through Jabber but the...
This post relates to a Plantronics M50 headset. I unfortunately haven't found much information on the Plantronics website so thougth I'd try here. I purchased the Plantronics M50 a couple weeks ago and for the last week have set it up and used it with my iPhone 4S. It is a great Headset I didn't think I'd use the MultiPoint since I only have one phone but I have an iPad and found out it can be set up on the iPad. I like to use it on the iPad when playing videos, etc. so...
The person that needs this file is definitely not computer savvy and I sent it in another format earlier. I can't remember which format it was but she can't play it so she stated she knows she can play Windows Media format so to send that. Now that I'm thinking about it though she must have Windows Media Player since she has windows. I know as I read that Windows Media Player will play wav, mp3, aif and others. Are there any other audio recording programs for the Mac...
I need to create an audio file and the receiver needs it in Windows Media format. What is a good Mac program, hopefully free, that will do that? I also have an iPad and iPhone so if necessary an app for either device that will do this will work also. Thanks.
I updated from an iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4S approximately mid-December. I had some voicemails from earlier in 2011 that I had to keep for legal use. I just noticed when I tried to reference them that they are no longer listed on my iPhone. I know I never deleted them and when calling into AT&T for my voicemail I think they are all still there but it's hard to sort through them plus it's hard to play them/record them for someone else. The only thing I can think of is...
I just upgraded from a 3G to a 4S. On my 3G I was using a Screen Protector and felt it was necessary but how necessary is it to get a screen protector for the 4S?