or Connect

Posts by markw10

I use Entourage exclusively for email instead of the Mac's Mail Program. For web browsing I use both Safari as well as Firefox. My question: Frequently I go to web sites which have a email link to click on to open up a email msg to email that specific person. The problem, whenever I do this it opens up the mail program, not Entourage and I can't figure out how to change this. I looked in both Firefox and Safari and see no options so I am thinking its something in OS X...
I use Entourage a lot for email and the only thing I don't like about it vs. Outlook is when a email comes in it never shows any of the pictures. I have to click on a link at the top of the email to show pictures. outlook has this option but as well has an option to turn it on by default to download pictures. Is there a feature like this on Entourage?
I use Outlook extensively and am working on transferring my data to OS X. I got a program called O2M which I'm working on using It seems kind of confusing and things aren't exactly going smoothly but I am working on getting my data into both Entourage as well as the OS X apps, ical, contacts, and mail. If I'm right after I can sync between the two (Entourage with ical, contacts, and mail) and as well it seems like the with the Office update this works and if not I've...
I have a Konica 7155 but don't have the Postscript option. This worked fine in the Windows XP world since I had a PCL driver and just never used the Postscript driver. Now that I have a MacBook I'm trying to install it. I set up the printer for Appletalk and have no problems getting that part to work except that I see there is only a PS driver for OS X, not a PCL driver. Is there a way around this such as some type of software emulation or do I need to get another...
I have a Windows XP Network at home and just bought my first Mac. I plan with time to switch most if not all of the computers to Mac. I store a lot of my data on the main computer so frequently have to access these files. On Windows XP I map these drives but I can't find out how to do this on OS X. I know I can find the network and log onto these folders but as soon as I restart the computer they are gone. Is there any way to keep this from happening?
I have a home network that is Windows XP Based. There are 3 printers on this network, two large printers that are connected through the Ethernet network with two separate IP's as well as one printer connected via USB to the main (server) desktop. I just bought my first Mac, a MacBook Pro. Eventually I probably will get a Mac Desktop as well to replace the main computer. These printers all work fine on the Windows XP laptop and desktops. How do I print to these from...
I got my first MacBook Pro a couple weeks ago. Later this year/early next year I will be getting a Mac Pro. I have a Windows XP network currently though that is partially wired since I have two desktops and a couple LAN printers and as well I have 2 desktops. With N networking I know I will be upgrading my wi-fi sometime next year and as well eventually would like to put a hub in that is gigabit ethernet. For now I just have a Linksys Ethernet hub for the wired part...
I am planning on slowly upgrading my computer monitors to widescreen models during the next year, likely 22 inches or so. Samsung makes a 224BW model which is a 22 inch widescreen at a good price. I have heard that Samsung, Dell ,and Viewsonic are the best brands to look at. Any other brands I should look into? What I like about the Samsung is it does have HDCP. I know technology always changes but I want to do the best I can to buy futureproof technology. I like...
I have a home business so have quite a home network which is as follows: I have a WinXP machine that is connected to a Linksys BEFSR81 Router/Hub. This is connected to a cable modem for the internet as well as my main, server computer desktop. As well, from this hub it's connected to two network floor model printers. Then as well the 3rd cable goes to another part of the house. At that point it goes into another wired hub which is connected to two other desktops as...
I have a online retail business and am working on always expanding my customer database. I never really had an organized system on the PC but now that I'm switching to Mac I've decided it's time to get a good system. With the PC I did do some simple stuff on Outlook and as well on Quickbooks 2006. With the Mac I plan to upgrade to Quickbooks 2007 for Mac. This does a few things for me and for my PIM I'm looking at either Entourage or using the Mail, iCal, Address Book...