or Connect

Posts by markw10

I just upgraded to OS X Lion last night and one of the first features I wanted to try out was the LaunchPad. At first I thought I wouldn't like it but I actually like it more than I expected but the only problem for me is it's very cluttered. For one thing, I have quite a number of apps that are showing up twice. What is causing apps to show up twice and is there a way I can safely remove one without moving the actual app from my computer so that I can still use the...
Hello, My house has exactly 5 Mac's in it and I wish to upgrade all of these to Lion. In the past whenever I did an OS update I purchased the family pack instead of the standard edition which covered all 5 of the Mac's we own. Am I correct that now the 10.7 Lion edition in the Mac App Store for $29 covers 5 computers or is there a separate family pack available? Is there now just one version which covers 5 computers? The other question is how to go about the...
I used to use Apple's Mail program in the past but because of a lot of needs I have with many email addresses I switched to another program, Mozilla Thunderbird. I have used it for a couple years and I never open Apple Mail. Approximately a month ago Apple Mail started opening. I don't quite know for sure when it opens but I come to my computer to see it open but have never opened it and I simply close it to find it open the next day. I think it may have happened after...
I've been using an Android device and have a free app for Android called Stock Alerts. I like it a lot since it gives all types of alerts/notifications for stocks. You can track stocks and get alerts such as if a price goes above a certain amount, below a certain amount, etc. I now have an iPhone and iPad and see that that app is not out for Android. Is there a similar app for iOS that gives a variety of stock alerts? I want something that gives notifications since I...
I noticed when looking at the instructions that there are two ways that this can be set up, either through Microsoft Exchange or CalDav. I looked at both options but is there any reason I should do one over the other? I only have one actual Google Calendar set up and in iCal through MobileMe I also have just one calendar set up. How will these show up on my iOS device? Will they show up as two separate calendars or will it show up as one calendar but simply combine all...
I'm going to set it up later today for Syncing. I am working on changing all of my calendars over to Google Calendar so that I can view it on all devices, iOS, Mac, and Android but for now I just wanted to make sure that setting up Google Calendar on my iOS devices won't remove the MobileME/Mac/iCal calendars. Thank you again for the advice.
Thank you. That gives me the exact information I need. Before I do this though, will this allow me to also display my Mac's iCal from MobileMe. I have a large calendar on my Mac and sync this through MobileMe with the iPad. I'd like to be able to also sync Google Calendar but I want them to either show up as two separate calendars if possible. What I'm saying is I don't want this to replace my iCal so that I only see Google Calendar instead.
I currently have an iPad and use PenUltimate as a notetaking app on the iPad and like it a lot. Now I plan to purchase a MacBook Air and I will take this computer with me to meetings and other types of appointments. I'm going to use it for many things but one of the main things I plan to use it for is to take Notes. I understand it's not a touch screen computer but instead of simplly using TextEdit or Word I'd like to know if there's any good notetaking applications for...
I just had to get a Motorola Xoom Android Device for my work and I'm used to using my iPad through MobileMe so with my iPad everything is nicely synced with my desktop apps on my Mac. The problem is Google's device doesn't work that way. I can set my me.com email up on the Xoom's email program but the issue is the Xoom has a widget for the Google Address Book and Google Calendar. I don't use the above Google App's but is there a way to sync them with the Apple apps,...
My Airport Extreme Base station just gave out this week so I need to replace it. I had the first version of the Gigabit models and I know there's a newer version out but I am also looking heavily at the Linksys E3000. I know the E3000 is cheaper but that is not the deciding factor. I want the parental controls that the E3000 has and it seems like the AEBS doesn't have parental controls. I have always tried to buy Apple products though and I want to know, am I giving...