or Connect

Posts by markw10

I am hoping to give my son an iPhone and it would be useful for a lot of his educational uses so I want him to have the internet to use but there's a few websites I'd like to block such as YouTube and Facebook. Do the Parental controls allow me to block specific websites? From what I've read up on it appears you can't block specific websites? I have never been a believer in jailbreaking a phone but it comes up for this. If Apple's iOS5 does not allow blocking of...
I am thinking of purchasing an AppleTV and I am wondering if I can block certain items in it such as the YouTube section. Can I do this through Parental Controls or in another manner? Thanks for you help.
I have a Mac with OS X Snow Leopard and haven't yet upgraded to Lion but as a recent Apple System Update it said it had an update to Safari. It installed Safari as part of that update process but now Safari won't open at all. When I click on it it bounces in the dock like it's opening and even I go up to the Apple menu and select Force Quit it is listed as being open but yet Safari itself never appears to fully open. For example there is no actual window/web browser. I...
I just upgraded to OS X Lion last night and one of the first features I wanted to try out was the LaunchPad. At first I thought I wouldn't like it but I actually like it more than I expected but the only problem for me is it's very cluttered. For one thing, I have quite a number of apps that are showing up twice. What is causing apps to show up twice and is there a way I can safely remove one without moving the actual app from my computer so that I can still use the...
Hello, My house has exactly 5 Mac's in it and I wish to upgrade all of these to Lion. In the past whenever I did an OS update I purchased the family pack instead of the standard edition which covered all 5 of the Mac's we own. Am I correct that now the 10.7 Lion edition in the Mac App Store for $29 covers 5 computers or is there a separate family pack available? Is there now just one version which covers 5 computers? The other question is how to go about the...
I used to use Apple's Mail program in the past but because of a lot of needs I have with many email addresses I switched to another program, Mozilla Thunderbird. I have used it for a couple years and I never open Apple Mail. Approximately a month ago Apple Mail started opening. I don't quite know for sure when it opens but I come to my computer to see it open but have never opened it and I simply close it to find it open the next day. I think it may have happened after...
I've been using an Android device and have a free app for Android called Stock Alerts. I like it a lot since it gives all types of alerts/notifications for stocks. You can track stocks and get alerts such as if a price goes above a certain amount, below a certain amount, etc. I now have an iPhone and iPad and see that that app is not out for Android. Is there a similar app for iOS that gives a variety of stock alerts? I want something that gives notifications since I...
I noticed when looking at the instructions that there are two ways that this can be set up, either through Microsoft Exchange or CalDav. I looked at both options but is there any reason I should do one over the other? I only have one actual Google Calendar set up and in iCal through MobileMe I also have just one calendar set up. How will these show up on my iOS device? Will they show up as two separate calendars or will it show up as one calendar but simply combine all...
I'm going to set it up later today for Syncing. I am working on changing all of my calendars over to Google Calendar so that I can view it on all devices, iOS, Mac, and Android but for now I just wanted to make sure that setting up Google Calendar on my iOS devices won't remove the MobileME/Mac/iCal calendars. Thank you again for the advice.
Thank you. That gives me the exact information I need. Before I do this though, will this allow me to also display my Mac's iCal from MobileMe. I have a large calendar on my Mac and sync this through MobileMe with the iPad. I'd like to be able to also sync Google Calendar but I want them to either show up as two separate calendars if possible. What I'm saying is I don't want this to replace my iCal so that I only see Google Calendar instead.