or Connect

Posts by markw10

Thank you. That gives me the exact information I need. Before I do this though, will this allow me to also display my Mac's iCal from MobileMe. I have a large calendar on my Mac and sync this through MobileMe with the iPad. I'd like to be able to also sync Google Calendar but I want them to either show up as two separate calendars if possible. What I'm saying is I don't want this to replace my iCal so that I only see Google Calendar instead.
I currently have an iPad and use PenUltimate as a notetaking app on the iPad and like it a lot. Now I plan to purchase a MacBook Air and I will take this computer with me to meetings and other types of appointments. I'm going to use it for many things but one of the main things I plan to use it for is to take Notes. I understand it's not a touch screen computer but instead of simplly using TextEdit or Word I'd like to know if there's any good notetaking applications for...
I just had to get a Motorola Xoom Android Device for my work and I'm used to using my iPad through MobileMe so with my iPad everything is nicely synced with my desktop apps on my Mac. The problem is Google's device doesn't work that way. I can set my me.com email up on the Xoom's email program but the issue is the Xoom has a widget for the Google Address Book and Google Calendar. I don't use the above Google App's but is there a way to sync them with the Apple apps,...
My Airport Extreme Base station just gave out this week so I need to replace it. I had the first version of the Gigabit models and I know there's a newer version out but I am also looking heavily at the Linksys E3000. I know the E3000 is cheaper but that is not the deciding factor. I want the parental controls that the E3000 has and it seems like the AEBS doesn't have parental controls. I have always tried to buy Apple products though and I want to know, am I giving...
I understand what you mean and I like how I can set up parental controls on each Mac. The problem I have is with devices such as iPad's and iPod Touch's there's a problem. As far as I know they don't allow website blocking. I am hoping with a future version of iOS they add some type of website blocking but for now all I can do is block the devices through my home network. Yet as soon as my children are able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks that presents a problem.
I have a home network that consists of two routers. First I have my cable modem that is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme Base Station. I tend to use that as the 'n' network for my computers so any devices using n networking connect to that. I then have a cable that goes from my Apple Airport Extreme Base Station to a Linksys E3000 router. I tend to use that as my g router and connect many devices that only have g wi-fi to it. Here is the problem: Because of a...
I like the new iTunes Home Sharing option in iOS 4.3 and have set it up for use on my iPad but the issue I'm having is with the computer end. I have two Mac's a Macbook Pro and a Mac Pro, each running the latest version of Snow Leopard. I have set up iTunes for Home Sharing. That is not the issue. The issue is I of course have the computers set up to go into sleep mode. The problem is often when I decide to use Home Sharing on my iPad the computers are in sleep mode...
I had a drive fail recently and it was the 2nd hard drive in my system that was only for data. It was not the primary system drive. I have a 3rd hard drive in the system which is a Time Machine Backup drive and Time Machine backs up both of my first two hard drives. I just got the hard drive replaced so have installed it in my system and formatted the drive with the same name as the original drive that failed. Here is my problem: I earlier posted about how to best do...
When you do this does it show up as 2 separate wi-fi networks or just one such as for example when you log on from a Macbook Pro?
It seems there is the newer version of the AEBS which is simultaneous dual band. I may be looking for a router on eBay and it seems there are 2-3 versions of the current design of the AEBS. How can I tell which version I'm buying? Is there a different model # and a way to find out if the one I'm looking at is simultaneous dual band?