or Connect

Posts by markw10

I have a special needs son who has a Mac and at times I have to limit access to certain features of his mac. He uses iTunes to listen to music that we have purchased for his Mac but at times he has the habit of borrowing CD's from his friends and wanting to read them into iTunes on his Mac. We don't want him to be able to do this. Is there a way to turn off this feature or keep him from reading CD's into iTunes? Thank you for your help.
I have a special needs son and for this reason I have to limit what he has access to on his iMac. With the Mac App Store coming I had made the choice to simply not install/download the Mac App Store. I realized that this morning that is not an option, it is installed as part of the 10.6.6 update. I removed it from the dock but still I realize it is installed on the Mac and for example it's an option on the Apple pulldown menu and I know there is an option of when a file...
I have a Mac Pro and am looking for a Webcam/Mic. There are many on the market so I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get. I know some are HD and I'd be glad to get an HD webcam but that is not necessary. I have several questions: -I have looked at mainly Logitech Webcams but are there other brands I should look at? -I want one that will mount to the top of the monitor -I use the Mac side mainly and would like to use it with Photobooth, iChat, and...
I have a Mac Pro and currently have two drives in it, a system drive that's using as the startup disc and for most of my use. The 2nd drive is more like a server drive which is used on that system but also shared with all computers on my home network. i use it for things like clipart, backups of itunes from the laptops, media files, etc. I just installed a 3rd hard drive and have been planning to set it up as a Time Machine drive for my Mac Pro. I have several questions...
I definitely see what you mean. The more I'm looking at it instead of going the RAID route I'm considering Time Machine. I have used that successfully on other systems and it would back up hourly and if I delete a file it won't replicate onto another hard drive. I am sure Time Machine slows down the system some but I think it may be a better option for me to use than RAID. We also have an offsite backup which is done weekly.
I have a Mac Pro that I want to create a mirrored RAID set in. I have a 1TB Hard Drive that is the main system drive. I just added a 2nd 1TB Hard Drive that I wanted to use along with this first hard drive to create a mirrored RAID set. I used the following document to help with the process: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...sa772e2fc.html I have opened up Disk Utility and think I may know how to do this but a few things concern me. First, it states that it...
Thank you Marvin. I just found out which of the RAID drives is bad. It's a Seagate and under warranty. I printed out the guide you gave me and will use that to restore the drive when I get the replacement.
I have a Mac Pro which has 3 internal 1TB Hard Drives. The first drive is the main system drive and the 2nd and 3rd are both used as a 'server drive' which I share and use with all the laptops in my office. This 2nd and 3rd server drive are set up as a RAID slice. Everything has gone well except for until around 3-4 weeks ago whenever I would restart the Mac pro it made a strange sound. I don't know how to describe it but at first I thought it was one of the fans on the...
I am planning on buying an iPhone 4 any day now for both me and my fiancee and currently both of us having iPhone 3G's. My plan is once I get the iPhone 4's to sell the two iPhone 3G's on ebay. I have two questions: I have never gone through an upgrade before. I am looking at options such as Radio Shack, AT&T (Refurbished) and Apple. When I buy one do I activate it on the spot in the store or do I get it and then have 30 days to active it? I know when I connect my...
I saw about the sale Radio Shack is having this week on the iPhone 4 and want to buy 2 iPhone 4's, the 32GB version. I'm in Denver, CO and called around 12 stores today and none of them had it in stock at first. Actually many told me I would not find it anywhere in Denver but of the last few I called two had it in stock but only the 16GB version. Two of them offered to have me come in and put an order in it. They both said I'd have to come in in person and once I do...