or Connect

Posts by markw10

I missed the Clock, Stock, Weather, and Calculator Apps that the iPhone has when I got my Ipad. I just got Calculator Pro for iPad today which is a great calculator for the iPad but now I'm looking for something similar for a clock (with alarms), Stock, and Weather Apps. I have the Weather Channel App and use CNBC's Real Time App for Stocks. What I want are a simple app very much like the iPhone has for viewing a few stock quotes, weather in a few cities, and a simple...
Since I no longer subscribe to a newspaper I don't get a chance to read a lot of my favorite comic strips. I know some can be found through Google searches or various newspapers but it would be nice if there was an app that can put all the comics in one places so I could select which ones I want to read daily and then use the app daily to read my favorite strips. Is there anything like this available for the iPad or iPhone?
I want to purchase Office 2011 and have waited for Black Friday hoping for a good deal. I use mostly Word and Excel and rarely Powerpoint but my email use is all through Apple Mail or Thunderbird so I don't need Outlook so have decided on the Home and Student Edition. I see the basic Home and Student Edition is available for $89 on Amazon and it appears the Family Pack for 3 computers is available for $109. The problem is our household has 4 computers and I...
I want to get an 11.6" MacBook Air. I decided against the base model since I definitely want the 128GB SSD. I plan to buy an external 1TB Hard Drive to store a lot of data on but want to make sure that all of my applications and important data all fits on my internal hard drive so I don't have to always take the external drive with me. I looked at the $1199 model which has the 128GB but it only has 2GB and has the base 1.4Ghz processor. Is there a big speed...
Me and my fiancee both have an iPhone 3G 16GB. I see them going for in many cases over $200 on ebay so I hope to sell both of ours there. We want to upgrade to the iPhone 4 and likely will get the 32GB version. With the holidays I am wondering if anyone knows of any good places to buy them. I know Apple will have a Friday sale but with it selling well I don't know how motivated they are for sales. I have seen that AT&T offers refurbished which we'd be happy with. As...
I have an iPad and use PenUltimate as a Handwriting Notetaking app. My fiancee was going to get an iPad, especially for use with the iPad. When the MacBook Air came out she decided to get that instead. She will use it a lot for typing but she's wondering if there's an OS X application that using the Magic Trackpad as a writing tool where she could take notes by handwriting with her finger on the magic trackpad. Is there anything like this? Thank you for your help.
I think the new AppleTV is great and $99 isn't bad but still even for that price, I like my current AppleTV. I figured if they put iOS on it I would upgrade but yet without it, I see no point to upgrade. Also, since there's no iOS on it I think it's more likely I can upgrade my AppleTV to the new software. Does anyone know if it will be upgradable? Honestly even if I could get $100 for it on eBay I prefer having a hard drive. I like the netflix service but I already...
I left this out of my original post but I like to share stories I read via RSS on Twitter and Facebook so integration for sharing with Twitter is important, same for Facebook.
I read a lot of blogs for my business for research such as marketing tips, product releases new, etc. I've always tried to figure out the best way to keep up with the multiple sites and either just browse the sites or use services such as Twitter or Email Newsletters I've talked to PC users and many of them suggested using RSS Feeds and I recently got Pulse for both my iPad and iPhone and it's been wonderful. I like the design and how it works but the only problem is a...
I am looking for a Remote Screen Sharing type of software that can be used for training and troubleshooting purposes and it needs to work on both Mac and Windows. The situation I have is I use Mac only except for Windows running under VMWare but I will need to be doing work at home for an office that is 500 miles away and they use Windows only. I want to be able to view the screen of the computer that is 500 miles away and also be able to control it such as using the...