or Connect

Posts by markw10

I definitely see what you mean. The more I'm looking at it instead of going the RAID route I'm considering Time Machine. I have used that successfully on other systems and it would back up hourly and if I delete a file it won't replicate onto another hard drive. I am sure Time Machine slows down the system some but I think it may be a better option for me to use than RAID. We also have an offsite backup which is done weekly.
I have a Mac Pro that I want to create a mirrored RAID set in. I have a 1TB Hard Drive that is the main system drive. I just added a 2nd 1TB Hard Drive that I wanted to use along with this first hard drive to create a mirrored RAID set. I used the following document to help with the process: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...sa772e2fc.html I have opened up Disk Utility and think I may know how to do this but a few things concern me. First, it states that it...
Thank you Marvin. I just found out which of the RAID drives is bad. It's a Seagate and under warranty. I printed out the guide you gave me and will use that to restore the drive when I get the replacement.
I have a Mac Pro which has 3 internal 1TB Hard Drives. The first drive is the main system drive and the 2nd and 3rd are both used as a 'server drive' which I share and use with all the laptops in my office. This 2nd and 3rd server drive are set up as a RAID slice. Everything has gone well except for until around 3-4 weeks ago whenever I would restart the Mac pro it made a strange sound. I don't know how to describe it but at first I thought it was one of the fans on the...
I am planning on buying an iPhone 4 any day now for both me and my fiancee and currently both of us having iPhone 3G's. My plan is once I get the iPhone 4's to sell the two iPhone 3G's on ebay. I have two questions: I have never gone through an upgrade before. I am looking at options such as Radio Shack, AT&T (Refurbished) and Apple. When I buy one do I activate it on the spot in the store or do I get it and then have 30 days to active it? I know when I connect my...
I saw about the sale Radio Shack is having this week on the iPhone 4 and want to buy 2 iPhone 4's, the 32GB version. I'm in Denver, CO and called around 12 stores today and none of them had it in stock at first. Actually many told me I would not find it anywhere in Denver but of the last few I called two had it in stock but only the 16GB version. Two of them offered to have me come in and put an order in it. They both said I'd have to come in in person and once I do...
I missed the Clock, Stock, Weather, and Calculator Apps that the iPhone has when I got my Ipad. I just got Calculator Pro for iPad today which is a great calculator for the iPad but now I'm looking for something similar for a clock (with alarms), Stock, and Weather Apps. I have the Weather Channel App and use CNBC's Real Time App for Stocks. What I want are a simple app very much like the iPhone has for viewing a few stock quotes, weather in a few cities, and a simple...
Since I no longer subscribe to a newspaper I don't get a chance to read a lot of my favorite comic strips. I know some can be found through Google searches or various newspapers but it would be nice if there was an app that can put all the comics in one places so I could select which ones I want to read daily and then use the app daily to read my favorite strips. Is there anything like this available for the iPad or iPhone?
I want to purchase Office 2011 and have waited for Black Friday hoping for a good deal. I use mostly Word and Excel and rarely Powerpoint but my email use is all through Apple Mail or Thunderbird so I don't need Outlook so have decided on the Home and Student Edition. I see the basic Home and Student Edition is available for $89 on Amazon and it appears the Family Pack for 3 computers is available for $109. The problem is our household has 4 computers and I...
I want to get an 11.6" MacBook Air. I decided against the base model since I definitely want the 128GB SSD. I plan to buy an external 1TB Hard Drive to store a lot of data on but want to make sure that all of my applications and important data all fits on my internal hard drive so I don't have to always take the external drive with me. I looked at the $1199 model which has the 128GB but it only has 2GB and has the base 1.4Ghz processor. Is there a big speed...