or Connect

Posts by markw10

I left this out of my original post but I like to share stories I read via RSS on Twitter and Facebook so integration for sharing with Twitter is important, same for Facebook.
I read a lot of blogs for my business for research such as marketing tips, product releases new, etc. I've always tried to figure out the best way to keep up with the multiple sites and either just browse the sites or use services such as Twitter or Email Newsletters I've talked to PC users and many of them suggested using RSS Feeds and I recently got Pulse for both my iPad and iPhone and it's been wonderful. I like the design and how it works but the only problem is a...
I am looking for a Remote Screen Sharing type of software that can be used for training and troubleshooting purposes and it needs to work on both Mac and Windows. The situation I have is I use Mac only except for Windows running under VMWare but I will need to be doing work at home for an office that is 500 miles away and they use Windows only. I want to be able to view the screen of the computer that is 500 miles away and also be able to control it such as using the...
Something seems to be wrong with my MobileMe syncing. I recently did a hard drive replacement in my MBP due to a failing hard drive. I did a complete mirror of my hard drive and everything is working fine except for MobileMe. I am able to sync all MobileMe items except for the Calender. When it gets to Çalendar syncing a window pops up with the following: You need to replace your Calendar information on MobileMe If this computer has the most current information,...
I am using a MacBook Pro and am using the newest version of VMWare and running a WIndows XP Pro VM with it. Recently my hard drive starting experiencing problems and going bad so I promptly got a replacement drive. Fortunately most if not all of my files seemed to be fine and not corrupt. The problem is my .vmdk virtual drive file is corrupt. It's approximately 30GB and when I try to copy the file to the new hard drive it hits 1.6GB and just stops. I have tried a...
I have an AEBS and have to make some changes to use the Air Video app for my iPhone. I have to switched it to Bridged Mode and also set up Port forwarding on my comcast router (SMC 8014) to get Air Video to work over the internet. The missing piece is I need to know the WAN address of my AEBS. How do I find this out?
I just purchased an iPad and have some DVD's that I'd like to convert to video for the iPad. These aren't copyprotected DVD's. In the past I've used Roxio's Toast and Popcorn to convert video for my ipod/iphone and AppleTV. Neither of these programs have a selected for iPad though. I hope a future update to these programs have this feature. Until then though is there another program to convert this video? I hope to find a user friendly program. Both of the above work...
I am looking into getting an iPad for my son but have concerns about some apps that he may be using. I want to be able to block sites such as myspace, facebook, etc. and I understand there are ways that this can be done through a router. The only problem is even by successfully blocking him getting to these websites, he could use an app for facebook or myspace and get onto Facebook, MySpace, etc. with those. If he uses those apps, is there any way to block the internet...
That would at least be easier than doing a clean install. The problem is I had AppleCare on this MBP which just expired around a month ago, maybe even half a month. The logic board was replaced probably barely 6 months ago if not less. In a case like this is there any chance Apple would cover it? I know I'm out of warranty so they don't have to but yet since this may be related to a logic board that was just put in 6 months ago, is there any type of coverage on it?
I did some work this evening. For some reason I was unable to get into safe mode and I pressed and held the Shift key hoping to go into safe mode. After that I tried the option of a hardware test by inserting the #1 CD that came with the MBP and booting up using D. I ran the extensive hardware test and it found no errors. Yet I have even pulled the power cord and battery and did a restart and am having the same problem. I even had a few times it would not even...