or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

I've said from the start that we should not expect much out of ApplePay until 2016, perhaps even 2017. Primarily because there are not more than 20 million or so (I am guessing) iPhone 6s around in the US, and not enough merchants with enough terminals have signed on. That's exactly how it seems to be panning out. That said, I wonder if the data includes all the non-'ApplePay', just plain NFC terminals where one can use the iPhone 6, but have to still go through the...
'Few' and 'supposed' dead civilians in Iraq?Look, I can often look past your extreme -- and sometimes childish, but I have to admit, often funny -- views on issues.But such a high level of ignorance is quite sad to see. I really expected better.
Yeah, they could also make and sell PCs and low end Android phones. /sApple faces no 'dilemma'. They face a tax problem thanks to the stupid US tax policy for multinational corporations. It'll get worked out in due course.
I have absolutely no idea what your post means.
Who said they "needed" to return money to shareholders? I certainly did not.Yes, buybacks generally make more sense than dividends, but only at the right price. And not always.
Apple does not 'have' to do anything. It can simply cancel or postpone the buybacks, or return money to shareholders in other ways.
What 'events and coverage'? Their showing OBL videos? Their showing the massive civilian deaths in Iraq? They were just being more broad-based in their coverage, and perhaps more honest. The US networks were, after all, showing both, but on a 'wink, wink' basis, or with a condescending 'American viewers are immature and can't handle the truth' type of approach. I'd rather be shown all the facts, regardless of how painful or hard it is. I am mature enough to process...
Thanks for the Friday afternoon laugh. 
I think it makes little sense for Apple to be buying back too much more of its shares at the current price. Debt notwithstanding.   An increased dividend -- or a large, one-time, special dividend -- might be a better way to return money to shareholders.
Don't watch them at all, but I don't think you quite understand or know Al Jazeera. You should find out why dictators and fundamentalists in the Middle East hate them even more than uninformed Americans do.