or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

I am guessing 103% of the total.  
Recall reading last week that Tizen is DOA.   Things not looking good for Sammy....
The acquisition will, so the issue is moot.
This is correct. Did you know, for instance, that every digital copier --made largely in Asia, by Asian companies -- contains a hard drive that stores the cover page of every copy that is made!? See, for example, http://www.cbsnews.com/news/digital-photocopiers-loaded-with-secrets/
 This was widely reported. There were Congressional hearing in the US, and if I recall right, all government agencies (and contractors) are now banned from doing business with Huawei. Will see if I can dig up a link.Add: Not sure if a ban is in place, but here's the report of the Intelligence Committee (the exec summary is an easy, quick read): https://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Huawei-ZTE%20Investigative%20Report%20(FINAL).pdf
Exactly, and rightly so. Their corporate tax strategy saves money for shareholders, as it should. This sort of thing saves money for consumers, as it should.
Back on topic. It's perfectly fine for Russia to ask. And for Apple to say 'no' (I expect they will). If I recall right, Blackberry often handed out its backdoor secrets to governments, including many repressive ones. Other governments will ask too, mark my words.   The NSA spying scandal -- and thank you, Edward Snowden -- has a lot of the world on its edge. Like it or not, it will have a huge and unfortunate ripple effect on some of the brightest spots of the US...
Tell us more.....? I assume you're able to Airplay it? Which brand/odel would you recommend?
Funniest post of the day!
Luddites leaving potential additional money on the table (from people who might be willing to pay some nominal sum per view).   Also, the sign up process with Comcast from within AppleTV is so cumbersome and time-consuming that, even though I have a cable subscription, I do not even bother with these "you-need-to-sign-in-to-view-us" channels.