or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

The approval of the Beats acquisition by EU was, I think, a foregone conclusion. Not too many surprises there. GOOG is up, yes, by about one-third of one percentage point. Apple is up about three times that.... a somewhat unusual move for the stock.
There stock is up $1.20 on an otherwise flat-to-down day for the market.   Any guesses on what's up?
 \Hey, tooltalk, it might help to reread what Cook said in the conference call.
Stop making stupid statements.Or, do us all a favor, and leave.
Damn. I should have trademarked it!
DED on! Brilliant blog. It addresses with depth and clarity an issue that I've been raising repeatedly here, every time that I've seen the likes of IDC et al trot out their nonsense. Theirs are numbers put out by fools, for fools.
I guess you did not read my post carefully. Or, if you did, understand what I am getting at. I am saying that convenience, not security, is what it has going for it (as currently implemented).
That implies that, at the end of the day, in the rock/paper/scissors sense, Passcode > TouchID. No way to argue around that, except to make a lame 'convenience' argument for TouchID.
I think that the current passcode override of TouchID somewhat defeats the purpose. I wonder if there could be a method that bypasses passcodes altogether.
Only two quibbles with your examples. In Example 1, you assume that the stock always goes up after a buyback. This is not true. Indeed, meta-studies show that happens about 55% of the time. They go up on average, but not always. Look at Apple's own buybacks shown in the story above. We know that there are periods during which the stock went down (although, the overall trajectory has been up, and that could be attributable to a whole host of factors including the buyback)....