or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

I beg to disagree. Phones used to be just about making voice calls (and much later, clunkily texting with numeric keypads) until the iPhone came along and changed everything. The 'necessity' there was no more than voice calls and much later, SMS. The iPhone did not do much for either. Similarly watches were, and for the vast majority, are, no more than functional devices to tell time. Maybe a stopwatch, or tell date on top of that. Until something like the AppleWatch has...
I don't watch The Voice. I did not realize he's been wearing multiple Watches on it.
I don't disagree with anything you say. Apple changed the game in so many ways with the original iPhone! I did indeed mean that now Apple has the opportunity to disrupt the industry to get cheaper pipes. We most certainly get more functionality than we did (e.g., faster access, great capabilities), but so do we with our computers, phones, tablets, cars, and TVs. There's nothing particularly unusual in that regard with carrier plans. Except, frustratingly, I am (and I think...
I am guessing that Pharrell (I honestly don't care much for his musical capabilities, but that's just me) must have demanded (and Apple obviously acquiesced to his demand for) an Apple Watch.   The Edition, no less.
Who/what is "Colette"? Are they an Apple Store?
So, let's see. A lot of chi-chi stores that most of us, the great unwashed, have never heard of (or will shop at) will have the Watch on the 24th, but not Apple Stores? This is so un-Apple. People have started to notice, even in the mainstream media: as the NYT puts it, "This is a far cry from 2007, when the first Apple iPhone was released. Back then, Steve Jobs was fielding calls from all sorts of superstars like Shaquille O’Neal who sought the new device. They were all...
I meant carriers in their pipe business not the handset business. I thought that was implied/obvious. Sorry.
Of course they do. If you read all my posts, that's exactly what I was saying. Which is why it is better than just having only one or the other. But that's not to say it is still as good as ATT or Verizon. If it's not as good (as it may not be in my case or yours), it's obviously not a great option. In any event, I could care less about Google and its plan. I was speculating on what Apple's opportunities with something like this might be. That's all. Not very complicated.
Groan. There's nothing 'crazy'. Let me do the math for you. $25 extra each month over 18 months -- which is, if your payments and credit are in good standing, when ATT will let you upgrade, even though they say "24 months" -- is $450. $200 + $450 = $650. An unlocked version of the same will set you back $750.  Even if you last through 24 months, the total is $800, i.e., $50 more than $750. ​For that extra $50, add the additional capacity usage from a new, larger...
 You need to read more carefully.           See footnote, in red:Savings every monthSave up to $25 a month on access charges for each AT&T NextSM or No Annual Contract smartphone you add to your Mobile Share Value plan versus a smartphone with a 2-year contract.**If you're currently getting these savings and you upgrade to a new 2-year contract, the savings will be lost. Restrictions apply.1 See savings details.   Note from where to where, in red:Unlimited international...