or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

So was I. Seriously, do you think that someone selling their shares back to Apple at a profit does not pay taxes?
 That's a clueless statement. The aggregate tax consequence (under the current tax law) of spending $39 billion -- assuming the same holding period -- is identical between a repurchase and a dividend. (The clientele may not be the same.) Indeed, if someone taking cash for stock in a repurchase had bought the shares less than a year prior, they would pay taxes at the current (not capital gains) rate, thereby incurring a potentially higher tax bill. All this time, I actually...
To be simple and honest about it, your post makes no sense.(Edited)
I truly wonder if it makes sense to continue with the repurchase program at the current price (= $683.69, pre-split; all-time high is ~$705). It might have made more sense to be a bit more aggressive earlier.    Given the parity in tax rates for qualified dividends versus capital gains, a special dividend with the remaining, planned $39B (~$6.50 per share) may not be such a bad idea...
Wow, I wonder if they thought of that.... 
Perhaps your ears are better at picking up variations in deep bass sounds than mine, but I find it extremely difficult to tell apart a (decent) $400 v. $4000 subwoofer.
The only puzzle is why it's taken so long. Look out below.
That is quite unlikely. OTOH, the 3.5" may be history....
I agree with you wholeheartedly. If the rumor about this form factor is true, I worry that the 5.5" may have some features that the 4.7" lacks. I truly hope Apple does not do something like that. That would be very disappointing.
Thank you. It's the best gift I have received. (So far).