or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Let's hope it's a significant improvement (i.e., back to where it once was) compared to the unmitigated disaster that is iTunes 11.4 with OS10.9.5.   I cannot tell you how much time and effort I've wasted, given my fairly large music library, in the process of switching to the iPhone 6. So much so that I've gone back to my trusty old 150GB iPod Classic (sniff) for my music listening.
Wow. That's quite a price for the UK, no?
Who said it's a television? It's simply a large display with a little $99 box (and HDMI port) in it....  
Meh.... no new AppleTV.    The store front still shows the old one, and the pricing says "Just $99" (as opposed to "Starting at...") I was hoping for a quiet bump in functionality/storage/etc....
My guess would be £2,499. You guys are taxed too much, unfortunately....
Damn... why don't they take out the computer in it, put in an AppleTV instead, make it a little bigger -- say, 55-60 inches -- and sell it as a high-priced "AppleTV w/5K Display". I'll plonk down $5K for something like that....
Um.... shouldn't the headline be "...more than $101M?"
I am shaking my head, wondering how this thread got to be so misogynistic. I am sorry, but I've got to come out and say this: The heated arguments here sound like a bunch of gonads talking to each other over an issue about which they're utterly clueless by gender, biology, personal relationships, and experience.
I actually know bit about what's out there related to sustainability. That aside, yes, let's pick up on this later. (My day is a bit crazy tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a few responses.) (Aargh... frickin' autocorrect...)
Really, a bunch of random cites? NYT oped? Huffington Post? Some NGO whose agenda or antecedents are opaque? WHO (wtf do they know about sustainability?). Wikipedia? C'mon, you made a sweeping assertion, ignoring an entire sweep of human history where time and again, we have shown the ability to innovate and adapt -- and many, many before you, starting at least with Malthus, have had to suck eggs making similar arguments -- and you can't provide your argument?! It's like...