or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Not really. If 'adding retina to stuff from way too long ago' was the meme, then retina on the MBAir would have been an even bigger needle-mover.  In fact, irrespective of the tag line -- which, I am beginning to think, was a bit lame relative to what actually transpired -- I am a bit disappointed that they had nothing at all on the MBAir front.
     Meh. Still in the dark. I suppose it was obvious to all of you....
Did someone figure out what the tag line for the recent presentation -- "it's been way too long" -- was actually about?   What exactly was 'way too long' to wait for in the recent set of updates/intros?
(John B gave DroidFTW the cite).
I got an email from them earlier today. One regular card and two co-branded.
90%+ of my iPad use is in landscape mode (I am quite sure I am not the only one for whom that is true), which effectively makes the 'top' button a 'side' button, so this is a moot point.
I think that 'one-handed 6' -- especially 6+ -- is an oxymoron. Unless you're a basketball player.That said, I should point out that this is all a minor quibble. I love the 6.
From my pov, that's a problem not a solution. I thought that was precisely what was brilliant about putting the on/off button on top.
But why move it to the side on the iPhone? What do you think was the reasoning there?
I've had it for almost a month, and I have not got used to it yet. I keep hitting it by accident. The really annoying part is, when the phone is set down on landscape mode, I am watching, say, a news broadcast, and I want to increase or decrease the volume: the damn thing turns off if I press the volume button a bit too hard! (Incidentally, does anyone know if the feature of 'muting by pressing and holding for a few seconds the down volume button' has disappeared? If so,...