or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Groan....
 Um... 'if Apple had started production sooner?' Wow. You're totally clueless. 
I am not following your point. A 'plan', not a 'scheme'? Meaning what? You agree with what I am saying?.
'Creating scarcity'?Don't parade your utter abject ignorance of what real-world manufacturing, logistics, and marketing entail.
I must have been single-handedly responsible for people having an average 20 min wait on Saturday: I got through in five minutes, but it took -- believe it or not -- SIX hours for the Apple tech person to resolve my issues (don't even ask; suffice it to say that iTunes has become a pos software vis-a-vis syncing, esp. music that's shared between the computer and the cloud). She was the most incredibly patient and competent tech support person I have ever encountered,...
Perhaps you should stick to topics where you don't make grand statements without knowing the facts. China will likely have a cap and trade system in place within a couple of years. They have been experimenting with it since June 2013 in six to eight regional exchanges. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/business/international/china-plans-a-market-for-carbon-permits.html?_r=0 China's 12th five year plan is committed to spending nearly $550B on environmental issues before end...
1) Global problems are not mutually exclusive to deal with. Ultimately, we will deal with this issue -- as with any other mega-issue -- only if it makes long-run economic sense to do so. (In this particular case even more so, since corporations will be solution in the long run. Too long to go into why, but we get the gist from Cook's response.) 2) You're confusing cause and effect. AGW is the potential cause of all sorts of changes to earth's systems, including climate....
It is truly silly to blame science for what 'movements' do. The evidence is what it is. What people choose to believe, and how they choose to use/express it in the political/social arena has nothing to do with what the evidence is.
 Don't blame Apple because your wrist is too thick for a normal shirt sleeve.
I don't like to post pictures, but here's the one I have on order: the Heritage Ultraslim from Sena cases, cognac color: http://www.senacases.com/product/heritage-ultraslim-iphone-6/ However, I am suffering from doubt, since I have a feeling that the tight leather could cause an inadvertent on/off problem with the side button. So I may have to send it back. For the moment, I am using a beautiful (but somewhat embroidered, so it looks a tad more feminine than I would like)...