or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Yeah, I last visited in 2008, and there was not a single Apple product to be found anywhere!What the anti-Cook trolls (we know who they are!) don't realize is that China is almost entirely the result of Tim Cook's brilliant strategy implementation.Btw, I predict the Watch* is going to be gangbusters in China.(I am hitherto forgoing the prefix 'Apple' or the Apple logo in favor of just the capital 'W'; I think everyone around the world pretty much knows what that means now).
At the end of the day, however much they steal the disparate pieces, competitors cannot replicate the entire ecosystem. It is futile. Consumers-- even Chinese consumers -- know and value that.
I remember when a whole bunch of folks here dismissed China as some 'third world' backwater that Apple should not bother with, even upto a few years ago. But Apple had a longer term view. And look where it's now. A similar thing will happen -- but not on as large a scale -- in India, but five years from now.
What a moronic post at so many multiple levels! You never fail to disappoint.1. I don't "loathe" the "social approach" whatever the heck that means.2. I don't dislike Cook unlike you (and I think that may have something to do with his sexual orientation, in your case). In fact, I admire him, and think he's phenomenal.3. I have no issues with the Beats purchase unlike you (and I think that may have something to do with ....). I couldn't disagree more with you. I think your...
Groan.(S)He's baaaaaaaaack......
Leave 'social' to others, Apple.
Many of us would prefer if you just shut up and stick to consuming (or not) Apple products....
Technologies have come a long way to address these types of concerns (see my post above). Not saying it will happen in the next year or two, but we might well see a lot of them by 2025.
4th-gen nuclear (i.e., traveling wave reactors that use depleted uranium, see, e.g., http://terrapower.com) is well on its way to solving this problem.
Yikes. You guys (and those giving you the thumbs up) are just making your own facts. There's no law against it, but it's kind of a shady thing to do.The simple fact is -- and you can look this up in spades -- Medicare is solvent until 2030 (at least), and can cover 75%-85% of projected costs from 2030-2050.And here's the additional fact that's going to get all your knickers in a twist: what made this possible is the cost reductions arising fm the Accountable Care Act!