or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

I couldn't disagree more, on both points. The 'privacy issues' thing is a New York Post (that's about as good as toilet paper, imho) rumor, and even if it were true, it seemed to be talking about aggregated and anonymized data. Re. the AppleWatch, you've been on a relentless tirade against it since the very beginning, and it's pretty much speculation on your part (combined with your sense of aesthetics, which is totally subjective). So it's pointless to engage in a...
Actually, I don't think that we're in agreement at all on whether there is manipulation, or regarding the ability of markets and advertisers to influence media outlets like the WSJ or Reuters. I don't remotely define the volatility associated with options expiration -- even if it really exists and is meaningful if it exists -- as 'manipulation.' As I said, it's par for the course for a publicly traded company. Incidentally, I don't understand why you actually buy the stock...
WTF? That hurts....
There could certainly be a link between options expiration dates and short-term stock prices/volatility. But that's not manipulation. That's par for the course being a publicly listed company. Happens to a lot of stocks. If you take a longer-term view with your investing decisions, all of that sort of thing is noise (or an occasional buying opportunity). To suggest that respectable news outlets like the WSJ and Reuters are linked to the possibility of stock price...
What's your point about options and manipulation? I am failing to see it. People scream 'manipulation' on these boards all the time, but never seem to provide any real evidence of it (because, in my view, there's not much of it).
Did anyone here say that it amounts to anything more than a hill of beans!? Talk about a strawman argument...
Apple is not Google. And thank God for that.
  Tag Heuer announced today that they're going to have to start cutting prices worldwide because of the Swiss Franc. (Sure...) In any event, it would most certainly be a pricing strategy consistent with getting the Google/Android crowd on board.
It's an utterly horrible business with high capex, low growth, low P/E, and lots of service/maintenance needs. Apple has no business in it.
Yep, this is what predictably happens. Once a company attracts the dividend investor clientele, they just want more, more, more... it's relentless....