or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

I've had every version of AppleTV since the beginning. It has essentially remained the same, except for a few minor tweaks. It is somewhat surprisingly frustrating and mediocre hardware offering relative to its vaunted potential and the length of time it's been around. It's a rather long time for something to wallow in 'hobby' status. So this bit of news is not at all surprising.
Actually, I forgot the /sarcasm tag.Just chill a bit, while you're at it.
Why?
You forgot the /sarcasm tag.
The Wall Street Journal's reporting on Al Gore isn't worth the paper it's printed on.You're welcome to wallow in your ignorance (as I expected you would).
Al Gore, may have not invented the internet (in any event, for those interested in actual facts, he was misquoted on that), but as a member of the US Congress, he pioneered some of the enabling legislation that helped advance the internet as we know it today. I am not making this up: you're welcome to educate yourself by checking it out on the internet (no less!), if you wish. All major corporate boards have political/regulatory types on them. Apple is by no means unique...
Probably more expertise than you do. I might agree with your suggestion, but your politics aside, why do you want to get rid of Gore?
At least four times a year, in companies like Apple. The average Fortune 500 board member spends about one month worth of company-related work. Post-SOx, boards have a major say in what goes on in companies.
Good news if true. Many of the board members are bit long in the tooth. I've been saying this for about a year now. That said, I would also vote for some stability and continuity, and moving slowly. Many of them have grown up with the modern Apple, and they know today's company pretty well. They have, for better or worse, been a part of shaping it.
These 'market share' numbers amount to a hill of beans.