or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Stop feeding the trolls.
My problem is that this version of iWork -- in particular, Keynote -- is not superior for my needs compared to iWork 09. Lots of good and useful functionality has been taken out, and not enough that is good and new put in. Moreover, unless I have the option to export to iWork 09, I have absolutely no incentive to switch yet. It also changed file-saving etc. protocols in significant ways, messing up my workflow. Pages and Numbers are pretty good, however, compared to '09.
Your chart is pointless: it shows the last four weeks of exchange rates. When did Apple last change prices in Australia? (Note, for example that the article says that prices in the UK have not changed in three years). What has happened to the value of USD/AUD in that time? I am quite willing to bet that it is at a new lower (depreciated) plateau relative to when Apple last changed prices. PS: Pipped by jungmark
Do you really think it won't be appealed one way or another?
I've had an excellent week, thank you.I was only pointing out that pretty much all of your posts are pro-Google and/or in defense of Android. That is simply an empirical fact. It's totally fine for you to be that way, but to me, that's a one-note Johnny, and tiresome/boring. Moreover, it's weird that, for someone who constantly posts in a major pro-Apple forum, your posts are almost never pro-Apple.As to your question about not having a discussion, yes, I used to engage...
No, you're wrong: Not 'any' product.  Only those that are somehow -- even if they're only tangentially -- related to Google. 
Another doofus CEO who'll probably be eating his words and licking his wounds at some point soon....
But comments like that -- and how it is perceived by women for what it betrays -- might also help explain why they're as elusive as unicorns in tech...
I agree. I can see corporations buying it in droves at negotiated prices that are lower than advertised prices. (I have no doubt that they'll ultimately come up with some type of student edition pricing sooner than later). From my standpoint, to the extent that it enhances (certainly does not, in any way, detract from) the value of iPads, it's a good thing.
  A piece of advice, fwiw: you're wasting your time trying to have a reasonable conversation with Gatorguy. He'll go on forever. He's unrelenting, unyielding, and obdurate in trying to make a case for the legitimacy of everything that Google/Android does. He'll wear you out. He's the ultimate Energizer Bunny!