or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Of course Apple should. I have no doubt that Apple will. After all, it's in the company's self-interest to do so. But the point is, are there things they can do to tap into the broader talent pool by casting a wider net across gender and ethnicities? It sometimes requires pro-active effort. Are there things they can do to make their corporate cultures or work habits a little more welcoming? (Silicon Valley culture is quite famous, rightly or wrongly, for its frat-nerd-boy...
Superficial? So, should we hide their names too? E.g., John v. Joan v. Jamal v. Jorge v. Jaganwala? What about their education -- e.g., Ivy League school v. community college? Or where they went to college, e.g., Broward County, FL v. New Haven, CT v. Warangal, India? And, while we're at it, why not hide the fact that they may be a member of an LGBT club or co-majored in African-American Studies or Women's and Gender (yeah, 'gender,' not 'sex' since the latter could also...
  You guys may not like rich, egocentric people driven by hubris, but that has nothing at all to do with whether he has something intelligent or useful to say tomorrow. Why not wait until tomorrow to form a judgment about (i) whether what he says is smart or stupid, and (ii) whether/how it is connected to his wealth and/or hubris?
What a silly comment. You don't need to be privy to inside documents to have an informed discussion based on a reasonable judgment. If yours were the criterion, well over 50% of the opinions expressed here would amount to a hill of beans. Moreover, most such tax breaks from states are for local taxes due from production, profits, or actual use of property (once in production or making profits), none of which kicks in if the plant does not end up operating. No?
If so, I truly hope it relies on some other software than iTunes for music and apps.
'Responsibility'? Zero, zip, zilch. Stuff goes wrong in business all the time. States should not be handing sweeteners like they do with taxpayer money, whether it's Apple, Mercedes-Benz, or football stadiums. OTOH, given Apple's scale and its reputation of trying to do the right thing, is this the decent thing to do? Yes, absolutely.
They do. The word has made a major comeback.
^
Go buy a fat pc and leave us alone.