or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

LOL. They should call it the Cote-Bromwich Reading Tax. Bloody fools.
These are not huge price cuts, by any stretch. A 16GB iPhone 5S goes from being $650 to $600. Big deal.
Having a subsidiary in the foreign country is not necessary for antitrust enforcement. All that is required is a sufficient amount of sales in the host country/region (as was pointed out by another poster). All antitrust policy gives regulatory authority to sales taking place within its legal territory.
Most people can't afford those, so it's a moot point. Unless you are saying that people who own "low-end" amplifiers should also not change their EQ settings because high-end do not have them. If not, what are you saying/implying? I don't follow. You brought up age, and how our sensory organs change with age. Spot on. But you ignored my point about the type of music (e.g., jazz v. classical v. rock), about the type of speakers one has, about lossy versus lossless, and...
Bunch of sad, old codgers that have no clue about how and where technology is headed. Pathetic ruling.
I don't get it: you've lost tons of data anyway in the process of getting to a typical AAC file, and all that is left behind is a fraction of bits and bytes compared to original lossless version. You're simply manipulating those that are left behind to get a sound that most appeals to you. What's wrong with that? How's it different from increasing the font size or changing the brightness setting for easier viewing? Or adding salt and pepper for a better taste? Wearing...
I realize that it's in the eyes of the beholder, but both are fugly beyond belief. Moreover, if you think the way Beats sounds is a problem, change the (what is pretty crappy anyway in iOS devices) equalization setting. With the typical quality of AAC or MP3 files that most of us listen to and the environment in which we often do so (e.g., cars or places with lots of ambient noise), you really can't tell the difference between a high- and medium-quality headphone. (Unless...
Three words: Ha. Ha. Ha.
Don't see why/how approval of this could remotely be an issue.
So far, sadly, Carplay appears to be a bit of bust. I am truly disappointed with the uptake as reflected in the available choice of car companies thus far.