or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

I guess you must have missed the news that AppleTV has been Windows/PC-compatible since Day 1 (i.e., eight years ago). You're welcome.
Agreed. I am guessing there must be quite a few Androiders out there for whom an extra $64 (despite all the added functionality) must be the end of the world.
I find it odd that you'd blame Apple for something the content providers do to collude with the distributors.
Why do you assume it'll be either/or? I have little doubt that Apple will come up with a version of it to retail directly to consumers who do not subscribe to cable. Surely, you have an internet connection? And, if in the US, chances are quite high that you're getting it via cable?
People also thought that it sucked when Apple made a deal with ATT. Relax. This is how it starts. I think it'll be huge (if it comes to pass).
Fwiw, fools that waste money rarely get wealthy.Unless, of course, their daddies and mommies made it for them.
Brilliant. Certainly something like that instead of the currently tepid, self-conscious looking (dead-poets-whatever) ones.
Said like someone who cares little about privacy. For example, if we lose our fourth amendment rights in the US, we might as well jettison our first, second, and fifth amendment rights, no? More to the point -- since dollars and cents impacts always seem to resonate more tangibly -- I think that cloud-dependent US businesses are going to have a very tough time abroad. Apropos of that, coincidentally, see this, from today's...
I am afraid that's a bit too facile. You sound like someone whose data needs are fairly minimal, and/or is largely a stay-at-home person that relies mostly on wifi, with no family. I'll fully embrace the cloud world when I don't have to pay for every damn bit and byte I upload or upload. For some of us -- not to mention family members -- who are mobile, the stuff can add up very quickly.
iOS device syncing with iTunes has become a laggy, bloated, slow-as-molasses mess. iCloud is poorly implemented (for my needs). The new iWork suite is a step backwards from the previous one. Safari sucks. Mail is ok. Features in all these software offerings are added/subtracted/modified with seemingly little concern for user workflow. You guys can say what you will, but many of these software updates have been dissatisfying for me. The primary redeeming feature is that...