or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

How is using language that is almost identical to yours 'snarky' when used against you?
Someone -- I forget who -- had come up with this idea on these boards a few days ago.I hope it'll get AirPlay functionality at some point. Should be a fairly easy software fix for Apple?
Apparently you're not, yet the thought occurred to you..... hmmm.....
Seems like you don't read very well. See post #54.And you'be obviously missed a lot of other posts in the thread too. I won't bother to summarize it for you. But try to get some context before you reply next.
This is all I was trying to say. Apple 'caving' fit with GG's anti-Apple meme, and I was pointing that out. As to (the absent) singularity, I am still puzzled about his "10%" reference. Perhaps you can explain?
Thanks! The 'big' names are Samuel Jackson, Jeff Goldblum, Kevin Costner, Will Ferrell. None of them seemed to be mega-stars at the time of their use. (Greenspan and Yo Yo Ma were huge, but not so much in terms of popular culture.) The rest are the Think Different ads (which I mentioned in my post) or use of music in Apple ads. Bottom line: for a company that has been in business nearly four decades, produced a lot of iconic products that many (most?) celebrities use, I...
A few factual questions: Does Apple have a history of doing product placements? Other than for (mostly dead) celebrities in the 'Think Different' series, has Apple ever featured celebrities in their ads? Has Apple ever placed 'special' unreleased products with celebrity endorsers?   To me, the answers seem like no, no, and no. But I'd really love to know.
Groan....   I think I'll turn over the conversation to wizard69 (our resident apolitical atmospheric scientist) and PatchythePirate.   Good luck with each other, guys.
??
 Sure, happy to oblige! (Although, I am a bit surprised that GG could not deconstruct something that was quite so easy!).  1) singularity made some vague statement about '10%' and how Apple caved to the EU (I am paraphrasing). He was basically implying that Apple decided to fight in the US and cave in the EU. 2) I said, 'what, what?' No reply from singularity. 3) GG, as usual, jumped in and provided a link with no explanation or context.  Also, because he loves to do that...