or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Gosh, the science has gone way past mere 'correlation' at this point. Substantial causation has been established. Specifically, for a good summary view, see Figure SPM3, p. 6, http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/syr/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf.
First, the use of the word 'consensus' by people on the Right is complete and utter nonsense. Just a strawman. Politicians (e.g., Gore) have used the word, but I challenge you to find one pro-climate scientist that has used the word. Second, you're welcome to believe whatever you want, e.g., whether climate change is real or not, regardless of what science says. For example you may also believe in fairies, boogeymen, alien visitations etc.. None of it is against the law....
Couldn't agree more. I think that the far Right in the US has a serious problem with this because it upsets many deeply-held, faith-based precepts. Incidentally, I think the Left also exhibits dumbness vis-a-vis science, especially when it comes to GMOs, nuclear power, and vaccines.
Can't quarrel with the observation that compassion and tolerance are associated, but the OP(!) had brought up the link between religion and tolerance. It is just an empirical fact that the most tolerant societies on earth today are majority-Christian. I am sure that is not an accident. Incidentally, I think of compassion as a very Christian concept. (Buddhist too.)
Maybe it'll help with your purchase decision, or make you sleep better, or both, if you thought of it as a $1379 computer with removable USB and HDMI ports./rolleyes
That's drivel. You obviously don't travel much, or read the newspaper, or even know a lot of people.(Fwiw, I am not religious).
I don't know what 'buying into the lifestyle' means. If you mean by that they want others to show tolerance, I don't think that's an 'agenda' but rather, not much more than a live-and-let-live request.Arguably, other groups, based on race and gender, have more of an 'agenda.'Regarding your point about social conservatives, I do agree. It's wrong that someone is hounded or forced out for expressing a view on social issues (but then, logically, it's just as wrong on your...
I am sorry but I lost you at the first sentence.Please explain to those of us who don't know: what exactly is the 'agenda' that gays have?
'Morality is private?'I am sure that every dictator, butcher, and despot in history thought so.
Laughable nonsense -- and a total falsehood -- to compare anything that Google 'introduces' to the AppleWatch. The product that was demo'ed last September is nearly all that will be introduced in April. Apple was merely ramping up the manufacturing and getting in gear the marketing and the buzz. Please tell us what major feature you think the Watch will have that was not demo'ed in the September '14 event.