or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Hey, if you're going to rip-off someone's quote (in this case, Frank Zappa's), at least have the courtesy/decency to make the proper attribution: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/frankzappa106017.html Pathetic.
Yes, but it defeats the purpose of these retailers supposedly rebelling against or not wanting to pay credit card fees. More important, ApplePay isn't only about "not massively more convenient," if you've actually been reading, or trying to understand, much about it: it's more fundamentally about security. (It's possible, however, that's an issue that only resonates with more well-off consumers.)
Perhaps it's best to avoid posting in English-language forums if you are not very good at reading or processing the language.Just sayin'....
This news has hit big today (we've talking about it here on AI since, when was it, last Friday?).   The silly meme in almost every article seems to be that Apple is colonizing the retailers' checkout counters: Someone please explain to me, how in the heck is this even true? Why wouldn't the store know what I bought, when I bought it, and what price? For example, how else can I get after-sales service, do returns, etc.?   I predict Apple is going to win this one -- but...
For that price, a 7-inch screen is chintzy.
Agreed.
Why do they even bother to put a price on it? Given that their earnings are -- and will be -- in the toilet for a while to come, why not give it away and hope to make money elsewhere (or in their much-vaunted 'future')?
Just go waldenpond yourself, and please leave us heathens to consume consume consume.
It's not an option for you at the moment anyway, so it's a bit theoretical, isn't it.Let's wait and see. Until then, it's pointless speculation on your part.
Perhaps I didn't state it well. What I meant with the example of '"o" instead of "●"' was that it would be nice if there were a character that had simply a black outline around the edges of a white Apple icon (as in "o"), instead of an all-black Apple icon (as in "●"). As a matter of aesthetics, the latter just grates (for me).  ​Add: diplication (Post #152) explained it so much better than I did.