or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Perception of sound quality is utterly subjective. There is no such thing as an objective measurement of who qualifies as 'audiophile' and who does not -- it is pure vanity and arrogance. Actually, bs. Moreover, as you mention, B&O speakers sound best with B&O equipment. Which does not come cheap. It goes back to my original point about a lot of people I know of complaining about B&O being those who can't afford it (I am not making a value judgment). If those folks want to...
Uninformed people say the same things about Apple -- 'style and marketing' -- as you do about Beats, B&O, and Bose. It's basically the same arrogant view that says: (1) If I don't like something and you do, you must be stupid; and (2) Consumers, who speak in droves with their choices, are stupid.I know a bit about recording studios. Most of them do not necssarily use the highest end equipment. The economics of the business is brutal, and they're cutting costs like crazy....
Granted, the quality of B&O is not quite what it used to be the in1990s, the company's floundering a bit design-wise, and there are better speaker to be had for a higher price, but I've generally found that the only people complaining about B&O are those who can't afford it.
Me too -- just ordered the hardcover. And it'll be my recuperative reading from some surgery planned for late April. (Nothing serious). Of course, I've got to stop reading tech blogs altogether between now and then.... (Add: I am sure it's the first book about SJ that Ive wanted to read! ;))
He's perhaps implying that no one really bothered to use them much until ApplePay came along, and that they're now free-riding on Apple-induced awareness.
That article was referring to terminals that actually are part of Apple's official 'ApplePay' ecosystem -- i.e., terminals with the ApplePay logo. The use of iPhone 6 with TouchID and credit cards stored in ApplePay via NFC terminals (where you still have to touch 'credit', sign, etc.) is likely much, much higher. For example, in my case, of the five or so places I regularly use my iPhone with TouchID to pay, only one (Walgreens) is Apple's 'ApplePay' partner.
I guess you never took a History class.... or must have some very bad memories from that class...
Where do I sign up?
At least, I'll gladly -- and honestly -- admit to being an unabashed Apple supporter in an Apple forum. On the other hand, you? Do tell us (I am assuming you'll be honest)....
If it is FACT, then I'd like to see evidence of that. (I read Google News regularly, particularly the tech section, and I do not at all recall seeing it in their headlines). Also, in that case, I'd be happy to take back my support for DED in this article.