or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Of all the cars my wife and I have owned, my BMW has been, by far, the most reliable and hassle-free. No other car I've owned, for example, has a recommended oil change only every 15,000 miles (most recommend an oil change every 5,000 miles).Btw, the standard BMW warranty in the US is for four years.
1) It's a 2013 535xiGT. The screen is the largest that BMW puts out. The iDrive software has barely changed since I bought it (as evidenced by the ones you showed). 2) The question was really about iDrive and the controller, not about how you can get Siri to work if you plug in your iPhone, or what you can do with the iPod, etc (which I talk about in post anyway). Any moron can do that, and you don't need iDrive or the controller for that. If you're satisfied with the...
I think the phrase "desperate partnership" just about captures it. Next we'll hear about how all the copies of Apple's innovations floating around were obvious from the get-go. After-the-fact. It won't be too long before Apple's in court trying to protect the IP for its Digital Crown....
The article specifically mentions Google. Please admit that you have simply no clue how this partnership is or will be structured. Is that so hard to do?
Except that you/we have no idea if it will continue to look "beefy"/"manly" after Google and Android have had their go at it.
Tag Heuer announced some major price reductions today (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/18/lvmh-watches-tagheuer-idUSFWN0WJ01H20150318) blaming the Swiss Franc.   Coincidence? I think not.
Give me a break. Apple's growth in revenue, cash flows, profits were all negative during that period. The market did over-react, but to call it manipulation -- instead of a flawed narrative that swung widely from optimism to pessimism -- is silly, and you know it. (You yourself have cited those changes in fundamentals n the past). You really should be a bit consistent in your views. ​This stuff about 'manipulation' is no more than the equivalent of a boogeyman under your bed.
Is this even a serious question? I can understand some semblance of relevance if the comparison was between an imperfect human and a perfect machine. But, between an imperfect human and an imperfect machine? Really? C'mon...
I couldn't disagree more, on both points. The 'privacy issues' thing is a New York Post (that's about as good as toilet paper, imho) rumor, and even if it were true, it seemed to be talking about aggregated and anonymized data. Re. the AppleWatch, you've been on a relentless tirade against it since the very beginning, and it's pretty much speculation on your part (combined with your sense of aesthetics, which is totally subjective). So it's pointless to engage in a...
Actually, I don't think that we're in agreement at all on whether there is manipulation, or regarding the ability of markets and advertisers to influence media outlets like the WSJ or Reuters. I don't remotely define the volatility associated with options expiration -- even if it really exists and is meaningful if it exists -- as 'manipulation.' As I said, it's par for the course for a publicly traded company. Incidentally, I don't understand why you actually buy the stock...