or Connect

Posts by anantksundaram

Why does that worry you? It impacts the quality of products and services that Apple provides? Are you his guardian or something? On the board of Apple? Otherwise, get lost.
Everyone has one of these "VP, Government Affairs" types. Often, at least two, with one in DC and the other in Brussels. It would be stupid of Apple to compete with one hand tied behind its back (or expect the company to do so).
Personal? You're the guy who started this sub-thread buy calling a whole bunch of folks -- ones who give publicly, and whose giving may leverage others to give, thereby enhancing the resources available to the recipient -- dishonest. You've not answered a single substantive question that has been asked of you: you've evaded every one of them, including the above.  Sheesh. What a vacuous set of posts.
 I guess you must have missed the bit of news that said the CJ's argument was on the losing side.... Whatever.
See above.
Equal Protection (the argument the majority used) is not. It's a constitutional right, and states cannot take it away.
You're really serious, aren't you? So tell me: how do you measure this return to Bill Gates? What form does it take?
So, Bill Gates getting others to contribute to his favorite philanthropy gives Bill Gates a return? Who knew! I always thought it was the recipient of the philanthropy that does. Silly me..... Incidentally, there's nothing inherently wrong with activism or a call for action, per se. I really don't understand why you think that's not 'honest.'
1) Unfortunately, the government has to be involved in some form. Otherwise we could have a free-for-all in terms of marriages, no? (I don't think I need to elaborate). And, of course, once the government steps in, its influence usually tends to creep ever upwards. 2) He's being a bum.
What an utterly silly statement. I'll take something like Bill Gates's public, open, transparent philanthropy that also gets other billionaires to open their wallets, over your silent stuff (which may or may be happening, for all I know), any day.