or Connect

Posts by igxqrrl

That is not correct. My browsers are set to clear all cookies and browser data on exit. I block all third-party cookies. I'm frequently on my company's VPN, so IP address tracking would not help them. When I search I am effectively anonymous. Google's algorithm is better independent of their tracking.
I like DDG, I use DDG and have been for years, but about 50% of the time I wind up having to search with google because DDG's search quality just isn't that good yet. It's like the Apple Maps of search. So close, but far enough from 'good' that you can't quite abandon the big G yet.
The way these things go, no doubt the next step is to appeal the denial of the re-hearing of the appeal.
Well said. Further, the long commute is not exclusive to lower-paid public servants. Many highly paid employees enjoy multiple-hour daily commutes because, like lower-paid employees, the lifestyle they desire requires them to live outside of an expensive metropolitan area.
 Nor I, but I do believe I've seen very strong correlations between the degree acquired and the resulting job prospects. There are many English majors struggling at minimum wage jobs. There are very few engineers doing the same. So yes, a diploma is not a magical document that confers a 6-figure salary. One must put some thought into the program one chooses.
Everything you have written here is wrong. It makes absolutely no sense. Semi-serious question; are you a member of the "occupy" movement?
There is no "slam dunk" index. The S&P 500 has selection criteria, and a rational weighting scheme. Funds that follow the S&P 500 (or any other index) have very low fees; VFIAX has an expense ratio of 0.05%. An index should mean something. The Dow is virtually meaningless. It's a random assortment of companies, whose stock price is combined in an arbitrary fashion, to create an arbitrary number.
There is certainly some prestige associated with being a DJIA component, but no serious investor cares about the DOW, and while there are funds that track it, those are trivially small relative to funds that track real market-weighted indices.   Thanks to its market cap, AAPL is already represented very strongly in the indices that matter, such as the S&P 500.   So I wouldn't expect this to have much of an impact on AAPL's stock price. I work for a company that was...
Perhaps you can explain how federal income tax, which this clearly refers to, affects local utilities?
 Actually Google pays quite well. And has great benefits as well.