or Connect

Posts by igxqrrl

These two things are unrelated. The market cap should reflect the NPV of all expected future payouts. That and nothing more.   If expected future payouts decrease, so should the stock price.   It is quite insane to believe that increased earnings should automatically result in a higher stock price. That makes no sense whatsoever.
  That's an odd assumption, since I am a programmer.   One who has coded many date bugs that went undetected, and one who has found many bugs in date routines in others' code.   So no, I don't have a negative opinion of programmers, I have a realistic view of which functionality is complex and therefore likely to harbor bugs, and the motivations that cause programmers to hit these same bugs over, and over, and over.
  I imagine that this was meant tongue-in-cheek, but the fact is that robust date libraries are readily available and, no doubt, used by other portions of iOS.   The common cause of these issues are new/naive coders who aren't aware of the libraries they should be using, and thus try to do the calculations themselves (and, almost universally, incorrectly).
I've got to agree with some of the others. The new iMac looks great, and I may yet wind up with one, but if it needs an external optical drive, and it needs external speakers, it is looking less like an "All-In-One".
  There is nothing fundamental about ARM chips which make them pretty hard to compete with when taking into consideration power consumption/speed.
It certainly is a Siri issue for anyone trying to use Siri to find an Apple store......
I've made the same anecdotal observation about the younger generation and Android phones. But working in high tech, these young people aren't income limited, and they aren't buying low-end phones. Rather there is a sense among the younger generation at my employer that there is currently more innovation on the Android side of things. It's an interesting turn of events, but perhaps inevitable given the product churn for Android.   As for the strong showing for Motorola,...
  Google maps supports offline usage. Portland has an awesome network of hiking trails in Forest Park. The Nexus 7 is small enough to fit in a large pant or coat pocket; I have the Forest Park region downloaded to google maps, and use it offline for wandering around the trails.
  In raw numbers the Play store has caught up, but the quality of many of those apps is suspect. This is more true of the Play store than the iOS store.   Further, while any app can run on the iPad with scaling, many of the apps in the play store won't install on the Nexus 7. For example, I can't install Washington Post or USA Today on my Nexus 7, but they work great on my Galaxy Nexus.   New app development generally seems to occur on iOS first, and then move to Android...
  Whew, I'm glad you bleeped that first expletive!!!!   :)