or Connect

Posts by igxqrrl

He's leaving Apple now, not in 2010. Papermaster left in 2010.
The CEO doesn't have the authority to fire the board.
And the true believers will swallow this statement from Apple's PR department. Hook, line, and sinker.
  Are you jesting us? Have you forgotten the performance of the original iPhone address book? If you had more than a couple dozen contacts it slowed to a crawl. Have you forgotten the spinning beachball of death, present in the MacOS X finder for nearly a decade? Have you forgotten the time required for the iPhone to get a GPS lock up until the iPhone 3GS? Did you never use AppleTV, with its performance problems? Have you forgotten the original iPod, with its atrocious...
  Hmm, have you forgotten Snow Leopard already? An OS release which main function was to remove bloat and increase the performance of MacOS X.
What have you read? Mainly appleinsider?   It is generally true that judges have a better understanding of technology, than nerds have of the law.   And it goes without saying that Posner has a better understanding of the law than anyone commenting on this thread.
  Romney's tax rate is a result of the lower tax rate applied to capital gains, not overseas tax shelters.   But your larger point is valid. That anybody (or any company) who follows the law should not be lambasted for following the laws. It's particularly rich when the complaint comes from a member of congress. The body solely responsible for the ridiculously complex structure of our tax system.
An updated version of the Apple Battery Charger. That line is overdue for a refresh.
No offense to Apple, but they're following here, not leading.
Of course you're right. As an Apple customer and shareholder, though, this bums me out because I personally don't want to frequent businesses that behave this way, and I suspect that some portion of the population agrees with me. I certainly recognize their right to do it. But it will cause me to take my business elsewhere.