or Connect

Posts by igxqrrl

Let's say we have two companies, identical in every respect, except that company G has $10B in the bank and company A has $100B in the bank. I think we can all agree that the extra $90B in the bank adds value to company A. Put another way, you could buy Apple for $400B +/-, deposit the cash in your bank account, and then re-sell the company. Clearly the resulting sale would be worth about $100B less. It is quite common to subtract the cash and calculate the resulting P/E...
Agree on your first point, but your second point highlights the weaknesses of trying to broadly apply P/E. Of course the alternative many use is PEG, and on that metric AAPL is still quite undervalued, at least if you use trailing growth However, I suspect analysts are assuming that the growth rate simply cannot continue in perpetuity, or even for much longer. It's hard to maintain a 100% growth rate! My concern is that so much revenue and profit rides on a single...
Agreed. What better use do they have for $100B?
Nike.
What? Where did you hear this? Since when do our employers control our likeness? I would expect that to belong to Jobs' estate.
Whether it's a tribute or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether it is legal. I'm disappointed that won't be tested.
Garamond is a Serif font. Note that I'm not suggesting they copied the font on Apple's slide, just that they used the font that was, for decades, associated with Apple:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typogra...Apple_Garamond
Is it just me, or did they even use Garamond for their font?
In principle I agree with the folks saying that it's nobody's business who Steve Jobs donates his money to. Except that... He *sought out* a biographer to write the story of his life. The story includes intimate details about his relationship with his family, his drug use, his business successes and failures, his moral foibles.. honestly his views on philanthropy seem pretty tame compared to what he revealed to Isaacson. So yes, his charitable donations are his own...
This is a puzzling assertion. It is completely legitimate to quote the OS share numbers, just as it is legitimate to point out that Windows has ~85% OS marketshare in desktop computers. It's not at all clear what you are objecting to from the report.