or Connect

Posts by igxqrrl

http://ipod.about.com/od/understandi...ented-ipod.htm
Your expert legal opinion? Surely Via's attorneys have thought of that?Perhaps you're not aware, but the issue of fraudulent iTunes transactions with little response from Apple has been going on for well over a year.
What an odd perspective. Intel is not a division of Apple. Intel is not beholden to Apple. Intel provides building blocks. To Apple, and to Apple's competitors. Consumers like you and me benefit from additional competition in the smartphone space. Phone makers like Apple benefit from additional competition in the building block space. Additional competition for building blocks help Apple control its own destiny. Perhaps you don't remember ADB, NuBus, 1394, or countless...
That's a heck of a con-game, constructing a nearly functional macbook, including case mods, out of a bunch of "3rd party bits".
Proper protocol generally involves notifying the vendor and giving them a reasonable amount of time to distribute a fix. It does not require withholding the exploit until a fix has been distributed. The article states:It's not clear when he notified Apple, but there is ample precedent for releasing details of an exploit when a vendor seems to be sandbagging on a fix. Notably, this has happened to Microsoft in response to IE exploits.
You are stating this information as fact. Either you are in a position to know these things, in which case you are likely not in a position to comment without breaking your employment contract, or you are making assumption s, in which case you should not state them as fact. Regardless, believing that a battery's firmware cannot cause it to operate out of spec requires an unenviable dearth of imagination. Likewise believing that corrupt or malicious firmware cannot affect...
The Verizon iPhone has been out for a week. I think it makes sense to give AT&T users time for their contracts to expire before switching.
Expecting IGP to compete with a discrete solution is unreasonable. Sandy Bridge's on-die solution is very competitive with other IGP solutions.
Umm, I don't think that's how antitrust lawsuits work. It's not like 'calling dibs' or 'calling shotgun'.
If you were to google 'google latitude privacy policy', here's what you would see:I am one of those who believe that the government has no business knowing where I am. It boggles my mind that someone would feel otherwise. On the other hand if I decide, of my own volition, that I am willing to trade a small piece of personal information in exchange for a useful service, that seems like a reasonable deal to me.