or Connect

Posts by Superbass

Wait a minute, will the low-spec version of the iPhone result in *gasp* fragmentation ?? I mean, a low spec version of the iPhone will mean app designers will need to program for multiple devices' capabilities, no?
Apple will gobble up HopStop's data and put it into Apple Maps. Hopefully, Apple will inject a bunch of cash into the HopStop staff and get them to add every city in the world with public transit's data to the Maps. Also, is it just me or does HopStop in its current form basically just use "paper schedules", and not dynamically adjust to minute-to-minute transit times? Google has already moved on to cycling routes, which is awesome here in Europe, not to mention hiking...
Why would you ever need a touchpad combined with motion control? Couldn't the motion control be used to make any flat surface (tabletop, dinner plate, wall, pizza crust) have basically 100% of the apple trackpad's function? The xbox1 preview actually had a guy drawing on his coffee table and having it show up on screen very accurately, as their sensors have extremely precise 3-dimensional imaging. I could see if the motion control was inaccurate/badly implemented, but...
Just a PSA on "Day One". While it has a password function that may give you a sense of security, all journal entries are stored completely non-encrypted in an easy-to-find folder on the phone. Text in the form of .rtf and images and audio, etc absolutely non-encrypted. The password function prevents somebody from accessing your files from within the app, but all of the files can be accessed by any other program without any difficulties whatsoever. Just writing this...
Uh, "Technicolor" was a process of adding colour to films up until around 1955. Think Wizard of Oz. That poster has absolutely nothing to do with Technicolor.
Wait a minute.... how is more ads on iOS a good thing?' Like, American television has (far) more ads than European television, but I wouldn't trade for a second. Wouldn't the platform with the least ads be the "better" platform? Also, how is it possible that Google iOS add up to 100% of ads? Are there honestly no other mobile ad providers out there?
Designed in California, Colours Chosen in New Jersey.
  Could also be that 20 years ago the average north american watched 26 hours of television while now it's over 35 hours. (according to Ofcom) That includes console video games but doesn't include internet/mobile phone/tablet use...   By the way, 20 years ago, grumpy old men also thought they knew the reasons kids were so ignorant relative to 40 years ago. 40 years ago, grumpy old men also thought they knew the reasons kids were so ignorant relative to 60 years ago. etc...
None of the AI or CNET links actually go to the NPD report, and it doesn't seem to be available at NPD.com   Tough to see what the criteria was for "thin and light" notebook would be, also whether hybrid tablet/notebooks would be included in the study.   Really, how you define "thin and light" would make a big difference. If the max thickness/weight was set at the MBA's specs, for example, there wouldn't be much competition, since there aren't really more than a...
Most western cities have gotten bad enough with people devoting the majority of their attention to personal screens at home, at work, at the coffee shop, on the subway, when they're out walking their dogs and even when they're driving. It's an anti-social type of addiction that no amount of "social networking" excuses can cover up. I think its horrifying to think that they're going to be raising kids by adding an extra 6 hours of "screen watching" to their lives at such...