or Connect

Posts by Superbass

Form factor, attached wristband and cost of Wii Controller are all things to keep in mind.   Do  you really want to pass around your $600 phone so people can swing it like a tennis racket towards your television? With a wii controller, the shape is designed to be used this way, there's a wristband to keep it from flying off your hand, and if some idiot doesn't use the wristband it's $30-50 to replace it.   Nevermind the fact that airplay will always involve too...
Really looks like a cross between a google and a microsoft product now! Kind of Google layout mixed with Windows 8 font style...
I realize there's a lot of audio equipment for Thunderbolt in the pipeline, but replacing a $20,000 Protools HD system with an Apogee or UA set up isn't something I or most other professional studios will do any time soon.   No professionals I know of have any trust in Apogee - their support has been atrocious, and basically every time there is an OSX update, they are the 2nd last (TC Electronic is always the last) to "unbreak" their firmware/software, which is crazy...
Was this public knowledge for quite a while, or is this a surprise to be happening today?   Seems odd that adding direct sales to such a huge country wouldn't bump the share price a bit...
Part of me is wondering if Apple might pull an about-face on this one and end up re-releasing the current Mac Pro if/when the new design is rejected by people who aren't satisfied with the new design.   I'm withholding my own judgement until I see what the price point will be, and especially if they'll be providing a reasonably priced solution for PCIe/expandability. Right now and external chassis that would allow current-gen Mac Pro expandability via Thunderbolt is...
  Oh yeah, because good product marketing involves getting consumers to google the product name to understand why, while it sounds like a stupid name, it actually refers to a beach where a couple of famous surfers died. Honestly, if they wanted to allude to surfing, Santa Cruz, Pipeline, Bondi, Cloud 9 and others all could have been used for immediate recognition and without any Tom Selleck, Mel Gibson or Dirk Nowitzki connotations.
Still no name change? Mavericks is just plain awful, unless they're releasing a sports team or using Tom Selleck's head as the new logo for Safari.
It's still comparing a 3-year old top-of-the-line computer with a brand new top of the line computer. Honestly, people with Mac Pros already have enough space that the size won't make a difference; I mean the Mac Pro is already sitting there. A 10% increase in power over 3-year-old tech is not exactly mindblowing. I mean every year a new Macbook is released, Apple calls it "50% more powerful than last year's" and things like that - not "10% more powerful than 3...
Yeah, those colours are damn ugly.   The only way selling low-cost iPhones would work would involved neutering features enough to minimize cannibalization and aiming for profits via the high-margin app/iTunes store.   The problem with neutering the iPhone sufficiently is that it would require a "light" version or altered loadout of iOS 7 (no camera? no GPS? lower res display? no SIRI? slower processor?), which I really don't see happening.   I can't see apple messing with...
Wouldn't a picture of it next to previous models make more sense for comparison than next to an iPhone?