or Connect

Posts by Superbass

Here's hoping the playstation networks issues cause Apple to quadruple check how they deal with personal information in the cloud. Apple's response to the iPhone tracking files was opaque enough to draw comparisons to Sony's wall of silence in the first week of it's problems. I think iCloud is first and foremost about getting the iPad independent of PCs, which would open up the entire Netbook segment to a $350-400 low end iPad2...
Isn't it extremely awkward to have/use an iPad without having a computer? I don't have one myself, but seeing as updates and larger downloads require tethering would cause me to believe that's the case. I would say only an extremely small minority have an iPad and no computer... So saying iPad sales are cannibalizing PC sales would be kind of like saying frying pan sales are cannibalizing stove sales... Did these analyst types ever consider that the Netbook craze of...
Isn't this a pretty serious design flaw, when they can only update the OS by completely replacing it? Android phones can do small incremental updates without needing to be plugged into a computer, but with iOS, the same updates would eat up a pretty major chunk out of the data plan...
I would love for them to give the option to drop the "samsonite luggage lock"-style virtual wheels that are necessary every time I need to input a time for an alarm, calendar appointment, etc, in favour for a good-old telephone style touch pad. I mean, with a virtual touchpad, you can input 7:30 by touching the screen 3 times, which you can rarely say about the idiotic UI they have now...
I get the feeling we'll get another "you're holding it wrong" email from Stevesie when people constantly brush the virtual buttons during normal use, resulting in dropped calls, mistaken messages,etc. (i.e ear touching the bezel while talking, hand touching bezel while typing messages, etc. On a device as small as the iphone, the bezel actually serves an important role as a "buffer zone".
That's why Apple patented it; they have no intention of including e-Ink on any of their devices, as that tech is patented by others and opposes the model they're going for, but they can patent the idea of incorporating it into a larger system in an effort to hinder/profit from Amazon's efforts to include certain iPad/tablet-like features into it's e-Ink products. Patent trolling of a high order!
It is vital for Apple to sue these terrible companies. Otherwise apple might lose the ability to charge $120 for for a replacement power adapter, $30 for a mini-displayport adaptor, $70 for an airplane power adaptor $30 for an iPod-USB cable and $60 for an iPod-AV cable. These are all very important sources of revenue to Apple. Just look at companies like Dell which still uses C4- and C6- power cables (probably stole the idea from Apple's use of them on G4 macs, of...
Comparing $10 Need for Speed iPad vs $40 Need for Speed PS3, or $5 Angry Birds vs $50 Call of Duty is really pointless. Most modern "big-ticket" console and PC games aim for between 30-50 hours of content for RPGs/Adventure Titles and 10 hours offline content + unlimited hours of online content for shooters, etc. Most iPhone/Pad titles get repetitive within very few minutes/seconds and are in comparison "impulse buys"/time killers. Just compare Chaos Rings or Zenonia with...
Very logical:Instead of the current flow of HDD-Firewire-MBook + Display-HDMI-MBook, the near future will be:HDD-Firewire-Thunderbolt Hub-MBook + Display-HDMI-Thunderbolt Hub-MBookAs you can see, Apple sells you a $50 Hub (hopefully with proprietary technology a la ipod cable that prevents low-cost alternatives) you didn't previously need, and in return you get a much-needed speed boost over the archaeic Firewire 800/HDMI combo. You also save lots of space on the side of...
Wow, my condolences to T-Mobile subscribers, this is like finding out AOL just bought your corporation of choice...