or Connect

Posts by Superbass

Well, i guess nobody can call this an incremental refresh, then!
I think it's safe to anticipate this could cause a lot of growing pains, lots of reason to wait some months after release for the first "paying beta testers" to see how it pans out and gets patched.
I'm assuming that eventually the ads will also show "recommended based on what you're listening to" content.
On the one hand, I think the design of this is fantastic and can see how this is going to sell pretty well. However.....   No PCIe means no pro audio users. It's going to be expensive and having to add an external thunderbolt chassis for soundcards will be both bulky and prohibitively expensive.   It'll be great for certain video professionals, but seeing as nothing seems to be user upgradeable on this machine will really make it a nonstarter for a lot of folks....
  What? Let's go through this for a second. How is iWork and "information app" like Safari and Mail? I could see iWork and mail grouped as "content creation" apps or Mail and safari being grouped together as "core internet" apps, but not iWork and Safari. Also, the apple apps on my phone are color coded as follows:   Blue: Safari, Mail, Photos, Weather, Stocks, Voice Memos, App Store Green: Messages, Phone Grey: Settings, Camera!, Remote!, Find iPhone! Purple: iTunes,...
Is it april fools again? This article reads like it comes from the Onion, or something... Really, triple the cost, loss of phone functionality, and a bumper made of aluminum which is NOT shock absorbent? Weird...
I just don't see Apple moving in the direction that building a new Mac Pro factory would require. Expandable/upgradeable devices are no longer part of their business model, they're trying to go Intel-free and they've been "trimming the fat" on low-profit product lines by streamlining their product catalogue.   While i'd personally love to see a new Mac Pro and I agree that due to shipping weight it would make some sense to assemble them in the USA (although its...
Am I the only one surprised and disappointed that Jobs was colluding with Rupert Murdoch directly? Not just the fact that Murdoch is one of the worst humans on the planet, but just how stupid this is in the internet age? Shouldn't there have been at least a go-between or two when they're corresponding about fixing prices so the companies could have downplayed it somehow?
"Expert analyst predicts Apple product refresh in line with the MacRumors buyers guide. Improvements to include incremental refreshes to processing power and storage space" is a very safe and boring enough prediction. Reasonable, believable prediction that surprises nobody.   Until, of course the part where he thinks they'll also refresh the non-retina computers because of how many people in developing countries rely on optical drives.   ANALYSIS FAIL
I know Tim sent out that mail saying that there's new Mac Pro on the way, but I seriously doubt it's a "new" product line. I forsee a "pro" version of the iMac with a high-end mobile graphics card, an extra Thunderbolt bus, and then a new "pro" thunderbolt hub for PCI/Firewire/Thunderbolt etc. The limited, online-only ad campaign will of course tout the fact that it's 8 times faster than the "old" Mac Pro, and that the thunderbolt solution is better/faster than any...