or Connect

Posts by Superbass

"nothing catastrophically wrong"; it's just a mediocre turd of a product.
Conspiracy, I Say!
  Not true.   According to IDC and Gartner, Mac computer sales (not including iPad, but your post states "The Mac") account for either 10% of the US market (IDC) or 11.6% (Gartner).   Globally, Apple isn't in the top 5 of PC vendors and has a marketshare of around 5-6%.   Of course, Apple might have 15% market share in other countries - I'd suspect Denmark and Norway might be around 15% apple, but i'm not too sure, and there don't appear to be statistics on those...
It's a bit weird that bike lanes weren't an integral part of the original design, but great they've been added. Really, all modern neighborhoods, cities, campuses, whatever should be designed with bikes/pedestrians/public transit as core principles and not tacked on in revisions. Proper implementation usually requires them as core design principles. A complex this size should have a bike-share program for all employees that's just hop-on/hop-off and a ban on all...
Most people can type faster on a physical keyboard - I can see how people who mainly want a good email client and the occasional quick web search and won't be spending hours surfing the net or playing video games on it would prefer this to a full touchscreen - I don't even consider it "old-fashioned", just more specialized in a way. I spend way too much time staring at my phone, so the smaller screen is something i'll never be interested in.
  Or is the reason maybe: Apple has a lot of cash. Wall Street wants that cash spent by Apple on something that will continue Apple's growth trajectory at 2007-2011 levels. Instead, Apple is saving it.   Either Apple is secretly working on a big new thing and saving the cash because they'll need it in the near future, or they really don't know how to spend it. Otherwise, they would've been buying back shares right now (especially if they believe the stock is undervalued...
Wow, using a barcode scanner to transfer information! Whoda thunkit?
A big issue with a "cheaper" iPhone would be what features they could take away from, or what features they could add to the high-end phone.   They can't release a smaller-storage version, because that would handicap content sales via iTunes. -> full phones mean people are less likely to buy those TV episodes/movies/apps, especially the folks who aren't big on micromanaging what's on their phones. They can't release a non-retina phone or a slower processor phone...
  Totally. There are tons of impulse buyers in the digital realm, as can be seen with services like Steam - their published statistics show something like 65% of games purchased have never been played -> every time there's a sale on, people just go nuts and buy tons of products they'll probably never use. They can wait to download as long as they want and have terabytes worth of "purchased data" just waiting for them whenever they get around to it. If they had to carry...
Just wondering, is this a paid article? Would be great if you could denote whether IconFactory paid for the space, or if this is information that the AI staff genuinely thinks should be in the feed and published it without the company paying them too.