or Connect

Posts by Superbass

You can't compare Steve Jobs to Tim Cook.   Steve Jobs brought the company back from the dead and was untouchable because he was the company in a lot of ways.   Tim Cook is the guy that Steve recommended for the job. It's weird to assume he's got as long a leash as Steve had.   Also, the total value lost is what, 4 times as much this time?
Isn't it fairly standard that when a giant corporation loses 45% of its value over the course of 5 months that shareholders and boards of directors tend to consider firing the CEO?   I mean, seriously, if Google lost 45% of its value and there were rumors Larry Page was on his way out, would AI write this kind of article? No, because he maybe should be on his way out.   On the other hand, I think everyone at Apple and most shareholders realize that canning Cook...
This is being done to remove barriers that impulse buyers have. Not enough space? On the road and don't have a good connection? Don't worry, we'll charge your credit card and wait until you've got space. Of course, once you've got enough space/fast enough connection maybe you won't want/need it anymore.
Between 12/9/12 and 6/2/13, iTunes sold 5 billion songs alone. If that pace is steady, that's about 15 billion songs/year (when in fact sales are rapidly accelerating). At 99 cents per song, apple's 30% cut is about $4.5 billion - just for music. iTunes is now the dominant retailer in the music industry, and getting to the same position in the video/television industry is only a matter of time.   It'll be interesting to check out the earnings report and see the...
  What i was saying was that iTunes accounts + carrier kickbacks are the reason Apple will make a lower-cost phone.   Figure is over the lifetime of the account up until when the study was conducted. I have no idea what the "average age" of an iTunes account in England is, but i would assume something like 3-4 years; similar to how long most people keep their phones/iPads.   Also, I think iTunes sales have the potential for far more growth per-customer than hardware...
  So dropping optical drives, not supporting blu-ray, integration of the App Store into OSX and putting what seems like 95% of marketing focus on the iPad, iPod and iPhone (all of which require users to give Apple their 30% commission on any content bought for the device) is just a coincidence? And blocking any app that emulates functions of iTunes while allowing apps that emulate other core functions such as mail, VOIP and messaging was also just a coincidence? The whole...
The future of mobile devices is in monetizing content. Apple is already the king of that, and the best thing they can do is expand their user base to maximize profits inside the walled garden and with phone company payouts.   Getting bigger payouts from telecoms and suck(er)ing more people into the iTunes ecosystem.   The average person with an iPhone in the UK spends £345/$525 in iTunes, not including in-App purchases. Apple gets 30% of that, which is over $150...
Shouldn't the discussion be about : which dock this will support? WIll everyone with an iPhone/iPod older than the iPhone 5 require an adaptor to use the dock? Won't said adaptor greatly increase risk of breaking the dock due to extra stress on the original connector?   If the lifespan of this car is 8-10 years, do we have any idea if Apple will even support the dock on products in 8-10 years? It's one thing to drop $100 on a clock radio that loses functionality in 5...
I don't understand how so many people can think that the AAPL decline isn't expected and/or that the stock isn't still overvalued.   If you were to try and think of one company that might have its stock price inflated by company "fans" and/or amateur investors looking for the "next big company", I think 99.9% of people would think of AAPL.   Honestly, did you all think that apple was worth more than every non-state oil company in the world? I'm no investor...