or Connect

Posts by Superbass

Sure, sales of netbooks to middle/upper-middle class westerners is going to drop due to tablets, but the platform isn't going to "die" for a long time.   A sub-$300 computer for internet/emailing and working from home is still preferable to a great many people compared to extensive use of a virtual keyboard on a  tablet. Most of Asia will be choose netbooks over tablets for much of the foreseeable future, for example.   I spend a lot of time in Nepal, India and...
Wow, hope Apple has enough supply to keep up with all 11 of those customers! Seriously, if this was the line for a Samsung/HTC/Nokia/Scary Movie 5 launch, you'd all be rolling around laughing at how pathetic it is....
I've honestly never gotten an ad on the YouTube app - maybe it's a US only thing? Or maybe you need to sign into your gmail account to get rid of ads?   In terms of volume controls, there are 2 buttons on the edge of your phone you can use, and you can go back or forward by dragging the playhead underneath the video. Really, onscreen volume controls are unnecessary, and dedicated buttons to skip forward and back 30 seconds would also be pretty superfluous.
Wow, here's hoping the Apple-Google feud doesn't result in Yahoo being the exclusive search provider of the iPhone... The weather app is a big enough turd.
I can't tell if people are just being willfully ignorant to try and slam google or if they generally have no idea...   Google Play is a store, but not the only way to acquire apps for an android phone. iTunes is a store, and the only way to get an app on your phone without jailbreaking.   My wife works for an NGO, and they recently implemented a program in Nepal/Bhutan in which data collection/transmission was performed using smartphones with an application...
I think its just a matter of there not being any reason to have a 4k monitor at this point - Bluray is only 1080p, and it'll be a while before any film companies start encoding at 4k and any streaming/digital companies start selling 4k. The bandwidth is way higher, and they won't be able to charge that much extra for 4k in most cases. Also, so many people have invested in Bluray drives and 1080p that sales of 4k tvs will probably be pretty slow. 1080p upscaled to 4k...
ProTools is still the industry standard, and with good reason. Nothing comes close, and Avid's business model has been great - making Protools run on non-Avid hardware was a fantastic move (previously you had to have Avid hardware plugged in to run it). This update is really all about 64-bit support and integrating video a lot better, finally. I hoped that Avid's purchase of Sibelius and Digidesign would have created an Adobe CS-style video/recording/notation suite by...
Wait, wouldn't the "iTunes" app violate this rule. It's an app that promotes other apps...
When will it be (or will it ever be) plug-and-play in windows? I flip back and forth between Windows and Mac depending on the client/project, and lack of plug play with a thunderbolt drive basically made me need to switch to USB3. Seriously, did they not think about this, or are they trying to supplant USB3 as number 1 by completely dropping the ball on windows PCs? I mean when was the last time you had a device that wasn't PnP?
Apple's entire business relies on China. That means they have to do what the Chinese government tells them to do. The recent apology over warranties was maybe the most apologetic Apple has ever been in a public statement - compare it to the Maps debacle or the "you're holding it wrong" email. Apple fought tooth and nail against italian lawmakers in the courtrooms to try and keep their illegal (in Italy) warranty practicing going there, but with China they pretty much...