or Connect

Posts by Superbass

If that were true, then over the years of constantly increasing heat our keyboards would have started melting. The X1700, according to ATI, designed for mobile use, so I think it's safe to assume they kept the heat down. Also "is that the Mobility Radeon X1700 should have the same level of power consumption as its predecessor the Mobility Radeon X1600, thanks to a dramatic improvement in the performance per Watt of the Mobility Radeon X1700." (from the ATI press...
By this reasoning it would be your fault if someone jumped in front of your car. Damage on their side, and the front of your car...
Wow, you seem to think that the only way to change anything in the world is to change the whole world all at once! Congratulations for your interesting take on reality! Hey, one of the nice things about living in the west is the ability to protest and freely discuss social improvements. Apple can improve their environmental record in many ways, and I think it's okay for them to be called out. And by the way, China, North Korea and Iran COMBINED don't pollute as much as...
Dell got the same thing.http://www.dell.com/downloads/global...ndex_full.html What neither company includes is that the "Forward Green Leader"s are actually recognized by the Sierra Club Stock Fund and Sierra Club Income Equity Fund. (why did they leave out half of the name? ) Starbucks and Hewlitt-Packard are also included... Forgive me for being cynical but... does this have to do with the Reality Distortion Field? BTW, the comments in this forum should appear in the...
So do the brainless monkeys who buy it just because it looks nice, and have the money to do so... Macbooks have become real accessories even though a lot of their owners only use them to search the net for Paris Hilton gossip...
I don't know about that site, if i'd had my flight case made using materials from that site, it would've cost about 30x what I paid for it, and carbon bike frames would be around 15-20 grand, but it isn't had to find them for 3000... Plus, Sony and Acer are using it on their laptops, and at least Sony (the VGN-SZ381P/X) is getting pretty good results, with a pretty damn light and thin notebook (3.7 lbs, .9"thick), and it's basically the same price as their previous line of...
Yeah, the raw price has gone up around 50% (not tripled), but according to a CNet article on the new Carbon Fibre BMW's, "A recent spike in the cost of raw materials, however, has bumped the price of carbon fiber to $8.50 a pound. Still, that price is low enough to drive demand, or at least to not crimp it as companies learn to work with the material. "The cost of carbon fiber is no longer the problem," he said. Zoltek had capacity to make 7 million pounds a year in 2005...
Where did you hear that? Carbon fiber is manufactured and doesn't require any raw materials whose values could have gone up that much, so i have no idea why the price would triple. About 2 months ago I had a carbon fiber flight case for my double bass custom built, which is about 7 feet tall, 2 1/2 feet deep and 4 feet wide (althought it's moulded to fit the bass), weights about 32-33 pounds and was around 1700 bucks US... Also, i got a Crumpton Bike frame for around 4000...
Try spending some time in non-tourist Nepal or rural India. I had to shit in some pretty weird places, always just a hole in the floor, never TP, most of the time just a tap of water to wash your ass/left hand with. Worst case scenario was no tap, just a bucket of water that several people might have used already... That's why you never shake hands lefthanded, pass anyone anything lefthanded, or generally use your left hand for anything important in that part of the...
RAM makes a huge difference to me when thinking about future editions of Creative Suite where running multiple apps will require lots of memory. Also, to record 16 tracks simultaneously at 24-bit in Protools, 3 Gig is pushing it a bit if you want to use any plug-ins at the same time. Same thing for editing and working with video and live sound simultaneously in live contexts. In 4 years when CS4 comes out and the recording standard is higher still, i like to think that...