or Connect

Posts by donebylee

I just love people who can abuse someone else but go running for the cover of "Not me" when it gets pointed out. Yes, "I want my mommy" is such a devastating come back. I can't wait for your next blistering remark that succinctly demonstrates your superiority and overweening intelligence. Please enlighten us.
I asked the unanswerable question, as you put it, to see if anyone had had experience and/or insight into the reason for the delay. It seems around here that when an answer is dificult or unknown the response is sarcasm or condescension. How helpful is that? Perhaps try simply saying: "We don't know the answer." And then make suggestions, such the helpful one above about trying the Apple forums.I agree and that is why I posted the question. To me, these things seem...
Mine will be here no later than the 19th , so get behind ME!!!
I tried calling Apple today, but let's just say I didn't exactly get a good answer to my question, so I will post it here to see if anyone knows the answer. Why is the new Mac Pro with the 8800 GT delayed? Is it a lack of cards? Is Apple still writing the driver (i.e. will it be in 10.5.2)? What else? All they would tell me is that my order will ship when it ships, essentially. They were nice about it, but it was obvious they didn't know what was going on with...
You lost me here...were you wanting to buy my old monitors? Or did you think I was recommending them as a replacement for an ACD? Neither is what I intended, although if you want to buy my monitors when I replace them I will gladly sell them to you at a reasonable price. To the best of my knowledge, Formac is out of business in the US (where I am). And I am not sure that they are still in business in Europe either. Their monitor tech that I have seen online is several...
As someone who ordered a new Mac Pro when they were announced (I'm still waiting for it to ship because I ordered it with the 8800 GT), I would love for Apple to come out with a new ACD today, tomorrow, or fire-up the Way- Back Machine Mr. Peabody and release it yesterday. It would have been great if it could have been announced at the same time as the new Mac Pros, but for whatever reason it wasn't. All we can do is hope that they come out soon. As I have stated in this...
I agree that NAB is a more apropos venue. And I for vote for new ACDs at NAB if not before. Hello, Apple? Is this thing on?
Yeah right. Apple is going to piss off the customers who spend the most per system by obsoleting the Mac Pro within six months of its release.
I think that all depends on:your usage needs and application(s)your budgetI need color accuracy so I'm only interested in what are often referred to as "professional" monitors. These typically use ISP panels, have high bit LUTs (currently I think 12-bit is the standard for high-end monitors) and usually list the percentage of NTSC and Adobe RGB color gamut coverage. Right now the best I have seen is the NEC I was talking about above. But Eizo monitors are also professional...
Wow, I feel so lucky to not have suffered through all of these problems that everyone has. I upgraded the day Leopard was released (I pre-ordered it) and I have seen some glitches and the occasional minor problem which has required me to restart, but none of these deadly bugs have been crawling through my mac. I guess it must be the fortuitous combination of RAID (stops bugs dead), ethernet (the calming vapors keeps panic at bay) and software patches (which if combined...