or Connect

Posts by donebylee

I tend to agree, but I think Apple would partner with a big manufacturer instead of reinventing the TV themselves. Probably Sony as they already seem to have a relationship, at least that's what they use in the Apple Stores.I won't go so far as to say it will not happen, but I really think that Apple would have to have something extremely compelling to get people to choose a much more expensive Apple TV over the competition. Also this will not happen before a strong...
I'm not saying I think this is a good idea, but... The only way it would make any sense at all would be for Apple to combine a high-end LED-backlit LCD TV with an vastly improved AppleTV, say sporting 500GB HD and a Blu-Ray DVD player built-in--side slot like on an iMac. Possibly even including a full Dolby sound system and speakers for the AIO home entertainment system. Kind of like the iMac for the living room. Then you rent your movies, buy your music and watch/listen...
Did you look at the NEC I referenced above? It shows a lot of promise. here's the link to the press release from NEC:NEC DISPLAY SOLUTIONS ADDS 30-INCH WIDE-SCREEN MONITOR TO AWARD-WINNING, PROFESSIONAL 90 SERIES
Just read this on the NYT website. Interesting read with this very interesting statement at the end:I wonder if there is a slew of Apple displays and TVs coming at NAB. It would make sense from a marketing point of view. Apple could get a lot of press for announcing an Apple TV that actually is a TV and it would cast a spotlight on their new display offerings as well, garnering more press for what otherwise would be a ho-hum announcement to anyone who isn't desperately...
oh yeah, sorry about that.
The way things are now, who knows? Unfortunately, Apple's recent track record shows that they are erratic in their product releases. It cold happen tomorrow, or at NAB in April, or at WWDC in June or sometime that makes no sense to you or me. I do not think that Apple is going to abandon the monitor market, but with only one product that requires a monitor, they don't have a lot of incentive to keep up with the competition. I would prefer to buy an ACD, but full price for...
Yeah, I looked at iBank but the inability to handle large accounts and its insane version of reconciling accounts, which is no better than the old-fashioned paper reconciliation, made me leave it for more advanced programs. I will look at whatever they come out with, but iBank struck me as not being a serious program. Also they have been saying that a new version is coming for quite awhile now. Moneydance comes the closest to Quicken for functionality, but there are...
Wow... Intuit has lost its collective mind. And they expect us to pay for this hobbled crap? I guess the best revenge is to load up my Quicken 2007 PC version under Boot Camp. Or go buy the MacHeist bundle with Cha-Ching, which I have to admit doesn't do it for me. I know that they want everyone running their new web version, but there is no way I trust Intuit with my financial data. They can't even update their own software without screwing it up, so why would anyone...
NEC has announced that their new professional displays will be available in Feb. Check out the announcement I referenced above in the OP. Also, as Takemura suggested, Eizo makes great monitors as well.
Given the state of Apple's updates for professional systems, I bought the new Mac Pro when it was announced. If there is an announcement of new ACDs at NAB and they are competitive with others in the same professional category, then I will buy the new ACD when it is announced. But if there is no announcement at NAB, then NEC will get my money. I can't wait any longer than that. Especially as it could be anytime or never with Apple. I cannot afford to continue to play the...