or Connect

Posts by donebylee

There are two more years of George Bush hardeeharhar. There is nothing anyone can do about that. There are no provisions within the U.S. constitution for a recall. Your anger is obvious. But you are blaming me for something I didn't do. I did not elect Bush. Blaming "people like [me]" does nothing to change what you are mad about. But if it makes you feel better have at it.
In actuality, no it did not bring about a third party. That is obvious. But when people say that voting for a third party is throwing away a vote, and yet they agree with the idea of a third party, I have to ask why didn't they vote for a third party? How does it start if no one starts it? What has to happen for you to vote for what you believe in? Does a third party have to win an election before you will vote for them? How will they win if you don't vote for them? So...
If you are happy with a two party system, then by all means support. I am not and I will not. Calling me an idiot and my choices idiocy seems to say more about you than it does about me.
With all respect Jimmac, if not now when?When your side is in power you will suddenly want to expand the political spectrum?A couple of elections ago I voted for Ralph Nader because Al Gore was not my choice for president and George Bush was and is George Bush. My sister said I threw my vote away and elected Bush. I replied to her then and to you now:"I voted for what I believe in...I believe in having more than the choices you would limit me to. I voted for a freedom that...
There are two problems with American politics: Repugnicans Dumocrats Two "big tent" parties are no longer relevant in a era of division. Rove and his ilk have shown that the politics of division are stronger and more appealing to US than the politics of inclusion. I think we need to move to a more parliamentary set-up of multiple parties (e.g. primary interest associations such as social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, social progressives, redistributionists,...
I think it is one of the bravest shows ever put on TV. Name another show that in the midst of a real-life war tried to sympathetically show the enemy's tactics as legitimate? Last week's episode justifying the use of suicide bombers was incredibly brave. Not even Star Trek's interracial kiss crossed the line as far as last week's episode did. I know that most people hear "Battlestar Galactica" and think it's god-awful predecessor and then tune-out. Don't cheat...
Hmmm, why not ask these "37 percent" why they were more likely to buy an Apple and what the purchase timeframe was?
Does the move to 64 bit platforms add any significant problems to Adobe's development cycle? How about the move to dual core processors? Just wondering if maybe we are seeing a lot stuff come at the software developers all at once coupled with consumers who expect it all to work instanteously. And besides, isn't Adobe's product dev cycle usually 18 months?
I would love it if Adobe would create a menu system of packaging CS3 where you can customize your package to fit your needs, with discounted pricing for future add-ons to package purchases. Do it as a download only service, or for an additional fee they burn you a DVD and send it out.
As a PC user who will be crossing over as soon as OSX 10.5 arrives, I would prefer that Adobe get it right with the integration of Macromedia products. Some of the articles that I have read have shown that the "new" Adobe team members have added substantial improvements to interfaces and functionality. Until they get it right, I can use Leopard's boot camp and WinXP for all my Adobe apps. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Leopard and CS3 arrived simultaneously and...