or Connect

Posts by donebylee

Sorry if I had seen this post earlier I could have told you that the same thing happened to me and they had to replace my AEBS. Seems there have been some problems with it. Although the new one works like a champ. Hopefully you will have a better experience with the new one as I did. Cheers.
Now you have piqued my curiosity. Based on your description I think I will go a-googlin' to see what I can see.
Thanks for the info. I may well have been remembering it incorrectly.
BTW, I was reading the NEC link you provided (very nice monitors) and something occurred to me, and it may be stupid but...they mention the percentage of Adobe RGB gamut that is accurately reproduced, but they don't say if that is using the analog or digital capabilities. Does that matter? I seem to remember reading a while ago that analog still offered a better color gamut than digital, but I may be remembering incorrectly or the source may have been off; or I was, both...
Yes, thank you. It is unfortunate that we have to do all this just to see if the product is professional quality or not. You would think that Apple, especially in the higher-end displays, would be trumpeting this info to all who can hear. After all, it justifies their higher prices and sets the product off as "professional" quality, another marketing edge. Oh well. So it goes. Now, if only Apple would release new ACDs and, more importantly for me, a new Mac Pro, I would...
Suneohair, You have provided some useful insights on panel tech and its comparative merits. This will help me with my choices when, or if, Apple produces a replacement for the the ACDs. I just went to Dell's website to check out the 3008 panel and was disappointed that the tech specs didn't mention any of what you were talking about. There were no references to the panel being S-IPS or what LUT was used. The only quality statement I could find was a 100% NTSC color...
I'm curious, onlooker, what do you think took so long? Specifically what tech? Things that come to my mind are;graphic cards, of course, everyone's favoriteeSATA, a possibility, but wouldn't have caused a delay--at least as I undestand itsupport for the new firewire standard--but it isn't finished is it?adequate supply of new RAM chips, this is a strong contender in my bookadding integrated RAID on the motherboard, it really isn't that hard, so it shouldn't have caused a...
I don't disagree with your point, and, frankly, I don't care if the Mac Pro is mentioned in the keynote or not as long as it is updated with a new motherboard, Penryn CPUs and a new range of GPUs. Although for my illustrator and PhotoShop work the GPU is really not important at all.I don't care if it gets a new look or not, and new ACDs would be nice but they are not keeping me from dropping $4,000 USD on a new system...I just won't pay a premium for two-year-old tech. If...
Ok, I just heard back from Rob Griffiths at Mac OSX Hints and he said:So I guess that's it. I will just keep right clicking to use it.