or Connect

Posts by mr O

hello Developers out there,   Is Yosemite compatible with Ruby and Ruby on Rails? I don't want to mess up my development environment.
All good and well. But how is Apple going to recycle* the unbreakable saphire glass?    (*) The Lifespan of an iPhone is only 12 months until the next generation pops up, 48 months until you can't update your phone with the latest iOS.    My point is:   Shouldn't it be better to make the iPhone waterproof instead? That'd be a useful feature relevant to everyday life (It's raining right now in Belgium). Having unbreakable glass that can withstand 1 ton sounds like a...
Apple should modify the Swift bird app logo.   Right now it looks like the bird is crashing down.   It'd be better to make it fly up from the bottom left to the up right corner.
I'd like to hear from the analysts now. I really do!   >>> Selling the phablet at a loss in order to gain marketshare (and eat your own tablet sales). <<<   Say again?   I am looking forward how Continuity is going to shape apple's products in the near Future.
Why not just having:   Touch ID, to prevent someone opening the case? Find my Mac, to prevent someone stealing your Mac?
 I'd buy an iWatch in a blink if it would turn my iPod Touch into an iPhone (via Continuity).Think about it. Having all the antenna's around your wrist would turn all Apple devices into an iPhone. In this scenario the iWatch is a must have item.On a more controversial note: Having the antenna's around your wrist would greatly reduce the amount of potential hazardous radiation as your wrist is on the outer end of your body. 
It'd be great to break down the youtube video in bite sized components of no longer than 10 minutes. It would make it more shareable and accessible for non Apple fans.   Perhaps have the video broken down per feature.   The hair snippet of Craig Federighi is going to be a youtube hit :D
"Continuity" is simply GENIUS!:   It turns all of your Apple devices into a phone* … … without the need of having a subscription plan for every separate device you use. It actually renders the iPhone 5.5" useless. Your iPad mini could function as a phone as well. And as a bonus: having your phone in your bag instead of holding it next to your head will make you less exposed to potential hazardous radiation levels. It will actually reduce radiation levels by at least...
Why do the icons in OSX have to be different from the icons in iOS?   I mean, Why can't we have rounded square icons like we have with iOS? I am not so fond of the circular OSX icons.   Also, How come the mail icon in OSX - an eagle on a stamp - still looks different to the beautiful simple mail icon in iOS?   It'd be great to have one unified look across all devices.
I still don't understand.   How is Beats going to help Apple give focus?   How is it compatible with Apple's culture? Beats has about a gazillion different colored headphones on their website. From tacky to bloated. I can't see their products mix with the refined zen like esthetic of Jonathan Ive?   Well, I guess we will have to wait until Monday.   The comparison with Next is a bit wide off the mark: 1. Jimmy Iovine is not Steve Jobs. 2. The Beats headphones and...