or Connect

Posts by mr O

Oops, I just realised I mentioned "Marxism" on an American forum  So far no one has reported me. We, Europeans feel less intimidated by the "M" word. Capitalism's biggest challenge is to overcome its shortcomings, as outlined by Marx. So yes, Karl Marx is relevant to this thread.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the TED speech of this billionaire banker. [I just read your previous post. You're welcome to save this for later as well. It is a five minute watch.]
 I encourage you to watch the complete video [9:00]. It is narrated by Alain the Botton, a great philosopher in London. Spoiler alert: Marx has been misrepresented by dictators.
 Apple happens to make the best products out there. It is a seamless experience between software and hardware which I am happy to pay a premium for. I am expecting Apple to invest their profits back into society. Right now they are sitting on a mountain of half a trillion $ of cash. I am not being unreasonable here.
Not all people have access to money. Those factory workers, working 60 hours a week, still won't be able to vote with their hard earned cash. This is why we need to re-think Capitalism. The current system is neither good for the planet and society as a whole.
I expect Apple to strive for excellence, just like they do with their products.    Apple can do better regarding the supply chain. Comparing yourself to lousy sub par companies is not what I expect from Apple. Good enough won't do. It is a recipe for complacency. I expect Apple to set new standards and push the Human race forward. This is why I am happy to pay a premium for their products/services.      If Apple - a highly profitable company - cannot solve this issue,...
Apple's recent watch SDK and User Experience guidelines stems me hopeful: Developers are encouraged to measure User tasks in seconds, not minutes. By the sound of it, it looks like Apple envisions the watch as a satellite to their phone. Which is great. So, the  watch would be a notification center and data tracker. So yes, the current interface looks a bit naive  - especially the silly Photos app - and the hardware interface could be simplified here and there, but this...
Porsche's interface is a mess, despite being it a premium brand. It's like buying a macbook pro with a Vista operating system. It runs in the family as Volkswagen's interface is hopeless as well.
Isn't it more likely Apple will follow the  pay concept: wave your iPhone or  watch in front of your screen?
The question is:   Will Facebook survive an Apple Sandstorm?    Apple already produce the hardware.   They are well placed to put people back into control over their own data.   RIP facebook, RIP twitter, RIP Google