or Connect

Posts by mr O

All Good & Well, but I'd like to see Jony Ive creating products with his design crew instead.   The fashion world is just about perception and ephemeral influence: one day you're IN, then you're OUT. Just because they feel like it. It's dumb and void. Hence the wearing of sunglasses inside buildings.   Ive, get back to the people who can truly make a change in this world. People that really care about you. These PR hangouts are just a waste of time.
Siri and the Digital Crown are the main user interface for the  watch.   The videos confirm this:   1. From the phone call video: "You can press the contact button, BUT an easier way is to ... " 2. From the music video: "You can use the homescreen, BUT an easier way is to ... "   It is as Apple already know themselves what offers the best user experience. The dedicated contact button and (bubbly) homescreen are cluttering the user experience. They shouldn't be on...
I have a modest wish for Craig Federighi:   Just update all the icons of OSX to rounded squares and I will be a happy man :))   One more thing: Replace the eagle stamp with the iOS mail logo.
 Add Keith Haring to the list as well.Seriously, Britto might be a 'creative entrepreneur', he clearly is not an original artist. Craig & Karl actually got better taste. Keith Haring:  Roy Liechtenstein: Picasso:
 He should definitely wear the smaller size of the  watch as the (bottom side of the) Milanese loop looks awkward: The band should wrap around your wrist, not go straight down from the edge of your wrist.
This Macbook would be perfect for my dad. Last year he got himself a top of the line 15 inch Macbook Pro - just because he can - and now he keeps asking me what all those ports are for ... he mainly uses his computer to Skype, mail and Google ...
I second your thoughts: There are way too many physical options to achieve basically the same thing.  The bubbly home screen and pill shaped button dedicated to contacts are pointless to me. The video review from the Wall Street Journal seems to confirm this (the bubbly home screen).
 I am not sure if you're ready for it, but here's a video review from a witty woman of the Wall Street Journal.
I do not get the outrage against the Verge.   They did a very solid review, bringing up new challenges* for Jony Ive and his very talented crew. This will definitely give them better focus for  watch 2.   *The bar scene was very informative. It shows that the watch is not meant for all kind of notifications. Perhaps you should only get a tap from your VIPs or when you have to move on to the next meeting. Twitter notifications are just plain silly on your wrist.
One word: Karma   Now, where's that infamous "Unbox Therapy Guy"?