or Connect

Posts by mr O

It all boils down to this:   A Human Controlled Electric Car A Self Driving Electric Car (Auto)   The traditional car manufacturers will reluctantly (petrol > hybrid > electric/hydrogen) transition to the first option while Apple and Google have the assets to really create a Mobility Revolution (Option Two).
 Self Driving Cars would render individual number plates obsolete. A Family Plan could grant access to the Auto to a selected number of people. I am not sure how this is all going to work out as this really is new ground. Like, do you need to have a driving license to be in a Self Driving Car? It sounds ridiculous, right? So, consider driving schools a thing of the past as well  
 What is mind-boggling about Self Driving Cars is that they can use data from other Self Driving cars to determine what is around the corner.  Say, your Self Driving Car encounters playing children on the street. This information will be passed onto my Self Driving Car if I happen to be in the neighbourhood (driving the same trajectory). This way your Car are the eyes of my Car, which in turn are the eyes of someone else's Car. The 'constantly checking' is thus shared...
No one has figured out the business model of Self Driving Cars, yet: Would you need to insure a Self Driving Car for theft? For accidents? Would you need to buy a Self Driving Car or just make use of the platform using an über like app?  Could you have a family plan for your car? Apple, Google and über are best positioned to respond to these kind of Challenges. The pretty Human controlled leisure cars are confined as extravaganzas for the week-end. Like old-timers on rural...
The reason the current breed of Human Operated cars look bulky is because they have to take human error into account. Read: They are designed with safety in mind because the car needs to absorb energy when the human crashes his car. This happens very regularly considering the high number of road kills. Not so much with a Self Driving Car. We could go back to the nimble sensual designs of European cars in the sixties and fifties. However, there is no need for a gasoline...
 Don't mention the pathetic fake noise on hybrids/electric cars.VROOOOAAAAR ! ! ! ! 
iPad +       pen 
Watch his video. It sets a new standard. You may not like his (bragging) character, but boy, has he done his homework this time.  Spoiler Alert: It turns out the iPhone 6S is going to be a very good deal.
 I can imagine the iPad Pro as a valuable tool for professional photographers who want to check out their pictures on location (using Lightroom).
Somehow related: What's this 'Alphabet' holding thing from Google? Aren't we supposed to refer to 'Google' as 'Alphabet' now, since 'Google' is only one part of 'Alphabet'?